chapter 1- love us and leave us

I ran through the classroom doors panting for breath. You would expect every person to look up from their desks and stare at me with shameful looks in their  eyes but being late was a frequent occurrence for me.

"late again i see, miss Atherton." my teacher, Mrs Halpin, murmured. like i said frequent occurrence .i  made my way to the back of the classroom and sat in the desk positioned by the window. once i was sat down and had my books out i let my  mind wonder. looking out the window i could see clouds settling, getting ready for rain to downpour on my classmates and i  as we made our way to our next classes.

"...next to miss atherton." i looked up upon hearing my name. this day just gets better and better. i only thought this because there was a slightly- okay very- attractive new boy making his way over to the empty seat next to me. i bet he is thinking how messy my hair is or how he has to sit at the desk with bits of wood flaking off it.

"i'm Sam" the new guy, Sam, said along with flashing me a cute little smile accompanied with a dimple.  upon closer inspection i could see that he was even better looking now. he had dark blue eyes and wavy beech blond hair. in fact, he was probably the exact boy in books which girls fangirl over.

"oh great!"i thought  "i'm aimee"  now i had to sit next to him in every first period of a Monday and try not embarrass my self.

"what?" he replied "do you hate me already? you don't even know me." Sam finished. i hadn't even realized i had exclaimed that out loud. i guess not embarrassing myself just went out the window.

"i'm just not that into you or math." i whispered hoping not to get in even more trouble with Mrs Halpin.

"come on, math isn't that bad." he said.  i saw him flick his wrist out the corner of my eye. i wondered what he was doing, his good looks make up for his craziness. little did i know he was certainly not crazy.  he did it again although this time my text book moved over to his side of the desk.

"what!!" i shouted 

only to be met with a shush from the teacher . wow nothing is going as i planned today.

"how did you do that?" i questioned this strange, amazing to look at boy.

"Oh, so now your into maths?" he asked a smile waiting to be able to spread across  his lips.  as luck would have it the bell decide to bestow upon us its powers of noise, and sam stood leaving.