| Chapter 7: Festival Night |

Miyu stretched her arms up to feel more relaxed. After a while of procrastinating, she began writing on Saitama's laptop to work on her stories and such. Though she's been distracted from music, she found herself looping the song Akashi Toshite by Sou. It wasn't too distracting at least, but Genos occasionally asked her if she was listening to the song again.

"How's your writing going?" Genos asked her as he leaned in a bit.

"I'm somewhat having a writers' block." she sighed. "I'm trying to write a story that's different from what I usually do." Miyu placed her elbow onto the table and rested her head on the palm of her hand with a somber look on her face. "I don't know."

Genos looked to the side and picked up one of her journals. He slid it next to her and opened it up to point at her writing. "You have some notes in here." He wasn't a writer or could relate to what she did, but he tried helping as best as he could. "Why don't you follow these?"

"But the thing is, I'm stuck on how I want the character's progression to go from the main protagonists to the side characters."

He scratched the back of his head and said, "Well, that is troubling considering your plot."

"Is it bad.?" she asked with a saddened tone.

He waved his hands. "No, no, of course not. Your writing is never bad. It's really good." he assured her.

Miyu placed her hand on his arm and softly said, "Thank you." his words were enough to encourage her to write despite her having difficulties to do so. After realizing how long he'd been home, she looked at the time. She let go and saw him heading off. "Is it really time for you to go right now?"

Genos looked at her and said, "I'm afraid so."

She reached her hand out. "I-I was going to ask you something though.." her voice faltered a bit. The pitch of her voice faded as her mouth quivered slightly. When she looked up, she saw Genos had walked back and went in front of her.

He knelt down to be at her level to avoid being rude and gave her his attention. "What is it?"

From the side, Miyu felt Saitama's stare as he sipped his coffee. It made her feel pressured and annoyed since they were both looking at her. She looked at Genos' eyes and stared into his black scleras to his yellow irises. Her nervousness overrode as she covered her mouth and fake coughed. "Ahem." she awkwardly looked at the patio to avoid eye contact and awkwardly laughed, "Haha.. I was just gonna ask where you've been going.! Where are you going? You've been so busy lately.."

"I'm out in the forest incinerating bugs." he told her.

'Of course it'd be hero work.' she thought to herself. Placing her hand on his shoulder, she lightly tapped it for reassurance and said, "You work hard all the time. I'm proud of you!" she then waved and gave him a slightly fake smile as he left. His blasters were loud enough for them to hear through the walls. Turning her attention back to her work, she looked back up and saw Saitama. She immediately covered her face with both hands.

"It's just a summer festival." the bald man said bluntly.

"Well-" Miyu stammered. "-yeah! But-.." she sighed as she went back to focusing on her writing. "I thought it'd be nice if he went.." Her gaze moved to the side of the floor as she glanced at her journals for a bit. "He's always busy doing hero work." For a moment, she thought about writing another story but knew that would've been bad since she could barely focus on her main piece.

Saitama turned on the tv to watch for a bit until the news came on. He quickly changed the channel to find something else to indulge in. At some point, he heard shuffling from the side. He looked over and saw Miyu scurrying to her stuff and picking up that new drawing tablet of hers. 'Procrastinating again.' The man rolled his eyes and minded his own business until she called him.