Act 12

*This chapter may contain content that istriggering;  Dealing with Trauma.* 

Felix

Felix was wandering around the campus, enjoying the evening breeze. It was already getting colder out, but he did not feel like going back to the dorms yet. There was so much confusion going on in his head. The happy feeling, he had when he first saw the team together quickly evaporated. The whole issue with Jeongin spread further than he thought and for some reason all the stray kids' members seem to be involved. Including the guy that had entered last, 'Seungmin' Jeongin had called him. Why did Hyunjin get so angry and walk out. Why did he say Changbin had a black heart? Why was Changbin trying to resolve issues Hyunjin had? Was Changbin leaving? He groaned ruffling his hair. Why was everything so confusing and frustrating. Was it always that difficult to have friends? He thought back but couldn't remember. He had been alone for three years. Then there was Changbin. Changbin who wanted nothing to do with him, Changbin who he was infatuated with. Changbin who made him want to make a painting again. A ping of his phone brought him back to earth. Taking the device from his pocket he saw a message from Chan.

Channie:

Listen to the track and take a look at your lines, we will practice together tomorrow morning 9a.m. Music studio 647.

Attachment: God's Menu, track

Felix quickly downloaded the track before putting his phone away. He wanted a quiet place to listen to the song, but he didn't want to go back to his dorm room. Wait! There was another place he could go. He smiled as he started walking again, this time with a goal in mind. He entered the building and quickly moved up the stairs. There were more stairs then he could remember and when he finally reached the rooftop he was completely out of breath. He moved to the edge and sat down his back against the fence as he tried to catch his breath. A part of him expected Jisung to be there, maybe just because the guy had been there the last time he was on the rooftop. He took his phone out of his pocket again, putting the earbuds in and started listening to the track. It was definitely impressive. Chan really did make amazing music. After listening to it once, he grabbed the paper Jisung handed to him reading his own lines out loud. Jisung had made a little note next to it. 'Your low voice will be perfect for the killing part of the song. Good luck' Felix smiled. There weren't that many lines, but already more than he had expected. He wasn't a singer or a rapper. In the past he sometimes practiced some rapping with Chan, so he knew some of the technique, but he was never good enough at it to make it into anything more. He closed his eyes, listening to the track again this time softly rapping his lined out loud.

Like every single time he took a moment and closed his eyes, the painting of Changbin appeared again, though in his mind the painting had changed a bit. It wasn't placed by a window anymore but in an open field with the moon and stars shining, a figure in a field of grass, a tree in the background and moonlight shining behind him engulfing the figure in darkness, only those lips are visible.

"Do you like it?" Felix opened his eyes still lost in his own thought as he stared at the face before him. "Yes, I like them a lot." He spoke the words before he could stop himself and then realisation hit him. He was staring straight into the face of Changbin himself. He felt the redness creeping up his face, his ears warm, eyed widening as he stuttered. "I mean I like it... the track... Yes, I like the track." Changbin just chuckled sitting down next to him. "Chan is a genius when it comes to making music and Jisung is an amazing lyricist." Felix nodded awkwardly shuffling a bit in his spot next to the other. Why of all people did he have to appear? Why now and why did he say that. He turned his head slightly looking at Changbin's side profile, his muse. No wait he shouldn't think that. Changbin was not his muse. Changbin didn't even want anything to do with him, the man would be horrified if he found out Felix daydreamt about making a painting with him as the main subject. But if he didn't want anything to do with Felix, then why was he here now, sitting next to him on the cold rooftop. He turned his head to Changbin noticing that the male had his eyes closed and was frowning, looking stressed. "Is Hyunjin okay?" Felix almost whispered the words. The last time he had spoken to Changbin he had brushed him off, but he was worried about his friend. Changbin opened his eyes again and let out a sigh "I don't know, I couldn't find him, and he turned off his phone." Felix couldn't help but stare at him, it's not like Changbin noticed he was staring. "It must be confusing for you; you've only been here for two days and you're already in the middle of all this drama." Felix just shrugged finally taking his attention away from the other and looking up at the sky. He could see so many stars. They reminded him off home. "I just wish I could understand it, everyone has been nice to me, why are there so many problems?" His comment was met with silence, but Felix was okay with it. Sitting next to Changbin did not make him feel awkward, it was peaceful for some reason.