1//Song of Games

a/n: please take note that this chapter is longer than usual due to trying to fit in a lot of information.

10.24.2020 - a brief introduction to our motley crew of assassins

-

"Kenma-san! You have a package!"

Kenma releases a small breath, slowly moving off of the bed. His golden eyes remain trained on the small screen in front of him, hands fiddling away with the controls, shoulders hunched over, and feet moving of their own accord. The final boss is almost dead, at least.

The wooden steps creak under his small steps, the age of the large house very prominent at that moment. They had just bought the estate, and as a result, it was mostly bare, save for some furniture. Kenma sighed, eyes flicking up from his switch.

"Give me the package," he demands, killing off the boss in his game with a couple of clicks. Shutting down the screen, he slides the small device into his hoodie pocket. Well, Kuroo's hoodie pocket.

Lev grins, motioning for Kenma. "Come over here so we can watch you play!"

"Why?" Begrudgingly, he walks over to the couch where some of his friends are sitting. Lev pats the space next to him, Akaashi moving over to make more room.

"We're bored," Oikawa sighs, his long legs dangling off of the couches armrest. His arm is slung over Akaashi's shoulder, the other one combing through his thick brown hair.

"It's always so boring when the 'men' go to work," from his chair, Tendou kicks his feet. He rolls his eyes lazily.

"Most 'a the time we have jobs, ya know?" Atsumu sighs. "But today our schedule's pretty clear." 

"Fine, just don't mess me up," Kenma holds out his hand for the game.

Beside him, Lev pulls out the small chip and places it into his pale palm. Sliding it into the switch, Kenma pulls up the loading screen. It's a new game, not yet released to the public. Fortunately Kenma has his ways of getting access to restricted things.

Akaashi glances over his shoulder. "Assassin's Song?"

"I thought it was fitting," Kenma looks up at his friend through long eyelashes. When a short fanfare plays from the switch, his gaze flicks back to the screen.

"Ha! Don't show that one to our boyfriends!" Atsumu laughs, a boisterous and very loud sound.

Being the person he is, Tendou joins him. "Kuroo would probably say: 'So much blood and gore will give you nightmares Kenma!'"

"If only he knew..." Oikawa giggles, daintily covering his mouth with a hand.

Kenma rolls his eyes. "It isn't even that funny."