Let Me Go

I'm a little bored with this wait. Aren't you? I've decided that I will start publishing the chapters now. But only one at a time. One will be emailed to you every Friday, excluding today. How does that sound? I feel prepared enough. Question is: Are you prepared?

Chapter 1

Let Me Go

Emma

No is no way to describe what I just saw and heard. My mother had come to me, when I was still conscious, pain and electricity raking through my body in bright, hot flashes. Leo had tried, I could see the devastation on his face as I fell. The serpent shuddered below my feet and crashed once more, to return to the sea for it's final time.

She had told me her plans, been completely honest with me for once, something, she said, I deserved. No one deserves to hear the gods being honest. As my mortal body burned and died away, I listened to her, really without choice, and heard the prophecy unraveled.

"Emma,"

"Why are you here?" I'm in a void of white, fuzzy, like clouds engulf me and my mother. I have to squint to see her. She appears to only be a few feet in front of me.

"Please don't be angry. I have a lot to tell you after all."

"Is it enough to fill 14 years? Really?"

"No. Of course not, don't be ridiculous." Selene said, her voice biting and emotionless.

Her eyes are narrowed, she is dressed in a typical gleamingly white toga, christened with gold on the edges. She has a moon headband that wraps around her face, the silver moon resting delicately just above her eyebrows. Her face morphs, changing, altering, her hair grows shorter and darker. Her face glows brighter with unshown smiles, her eyelashes long and her eyes green and brown around the edges. I'm looking at my pretty version of myself, something's different though, I'm a few inches taller, I'm a little leaner, curvier, my arms look stronger looking, I'm...older?

"This is you." Selene says, her voice matching mine.

"I see that." I say, still looking at myself, how much older am I? How could she do that? Well, that's a silly question, she could do anything she wants, she's a goddess.

"However this is you, as you would be, 5 years from now. You have a boyfriend, he's going to propose to you in 2 years, you're have a very healthy, happy relationship. Later you're going to have a family, with 3 children. 2 girls, 1 boy. You will send them to Camp Half-Blood, and build a beautiful cabin in the woods where you and your husband will live for the end of your days. It's really a wonderful life, you have everything a typical girl would want. This is you 5 years from now, but with all of the current problems set aside. This is you...as you should be."

I pause, this time, the way she says it, it sounds pained. She sounds guilty, and actually kind of sorry. Something I recently thought she was incapable of. "It'd be impossible for me to stay out of trouble for long, it'd be impossible for me to have that life, even if I tried."

Selene looked down and smiled, "Maybe you are like me. Or maybe more like your father..." She looks up sharply, her eyes looking once more imperious. "I must tell you honestly what's going to happen."

"Going to happen?"

"Yes, your friends, Jason, Piper, Sam, and Reyna are all headed to Crete at the moment. You need to be there once they arrive. However you will have to make a detour into Asia Minor to complete your prophecy."

"Prophecy?"

"Oh dear," Selene did a godly face-palm. "Have you forgotten your prophecy. Spoken directly to you, from the Oracle?"