Chapter Five

"Santalune City!"Alisha cheered lifting her hands into the air. "Onwards to the gym!"Mairin beamed. "We better go to the Pokémon center"Alain suggests. "Yeah it'd be better, so we can make sure our Pokémon are okay"Ruby agreed looking at Alain. Alisha nodded in agreement, holding Mairin hand. "Lets go!"Alisha called a large smile on her face. The girls laughed running ahead, with the boys following close behind them, both sighing in amusement. "Alisha's pretty cute, you think"Bede chuckled. "She is, But She's childish"Alain agreed. "Childish is still cute"Bede chuckled. "You boys are as slow as a slowbro come on!"Alisha beamed waving to them. "Huh!"Alisha stared. "Cousin Nessa?!"Alisha stared shocked.

Bede stared, looking between the two girls, trying to find some source of them being related. "Hey little cousin"Nessa greeted walking over to her. "Nessy, w-what how..."Alisha stared. "Your parents"Nessa replies. "You've never mentioned you had family Ali"Bede stared. "Cause their so protective!"Abby yelled in a complaining whiny voice. "Now that it's out in the open, who are your parents..."Alain asked. "None of your business!"Alisha yelled her eyes shut tight. "Sorry"Alain says glancing away. She huffed, then turned away, giving her Pokémon to Nurse Joy. "Please take care of them"Alisha says bowing her has. "Also Alisha, I came here for another reason"Nessa grinned. "Hm"Alisha blinked. "I'm here to gift you and two of your other friends Pokémon eggs"Nessa announced.

"Your joking!"Alisha gasped her eyes twinkling. "Take your pick"Nessa beamed gesturing to four eggs. "I call the blue one!"Mallow beamed running over. "I can't choose...."Mairin blinked looking nervous. "Want me to make it easier"Alisha asked. "Yes please"Mairin nodded. "I'll take these two"Alisha says. She turned, offering the second egg to Ruby, who shook her head. "Want one Bede"Alisha asked. "I'm good, I'm looking for a Slurpuff"Bede chuckled. "I'm keeping my whole team, I don't have time for an egg"Alain says turning away from her. Alisha stared silently at Alain, then took her backpack off, placing one of the eggs into the bag. She stood up, holding the other egg in her arms gently. She hugged Alain, taking him by surprise. He looked away, feeling his cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"Alain~"Mairin And Ruby grinned giving him a cheeky grin. "No!"Alain says startling Alisha. "Sorry!"Alain says quickly as tears formed in Alisha's eyes. "Lower your voice you bully!"Bede yelled hugging Alisha. "You tryna pick a fight?!"Alain demanded. "What if I am!"Bede demanded. "Boys calm down"Nessa commanded. Bede And Alain gripped each other's shoulders, trying to push the other back. "Boys!"Alisha yelled grabbing Bede. Mairin and Mallow pulled Alain back. "I'm out, come on Mairin"Alain says. "Coming...."Mairin says following him. Alisha chased after them, taking Alain by surprise. "Let's spend the night in the woods, I don't want to be anywhere near Bede"Alain suggests. "But can't i challenge the gym leader first"Mairin asked. "Tomorrow, the sun is going down"Alain sighed.

Alisha set up a tent for her and Mairin, while Alain started a fire. The group tossed their Pokeballs up, letting their Pokémon out. "Zard!"Charizard beamed as Alisha stroked his horn. The other Pokémon found a place to rest, going to sleep. "Night Mairin"Alisha waved smiling at her friend. "Night Ali"Mairin beamed waving to her. The young girl yawned, stretching as she entered the tent. "How come you came with us"Alain asked. She looked at him surprised, as she gently hugged the egg, keeping it warm. "Because you and Mairin are my friends...and I really like you a lot Alain"Alisha replies. "You're actually pretty cool to be around, someone I can turn to..."Alisha replies. He stared at her, a surprised look on his face. She yawned stretching. "Head to bed, I'll keep watch"Alain ordered.

"Okay"Alisha nodded. She headed into the tent, leaving him alone by the fire. "She means as a friend..."Alain muttered referring to when she said she liked him. Charizard made a sound of disagreement. "She's too childish to me, I could never like someone like that"Alain says earning a smack to the head from Charizard. "It's true..."Alain says looking at Charizard who just stared at him. "It's a lie...."Alain sighed feeling his chest start to hurt. "Char!"Charizard smiled. Alain perked up, noticing Charmander watching them. "Hey..."Alain stared walking over to the small Pokémon. Charmander flinched, then ran into the bushes. "Is it following us...?"Alain stared.