XIII

XIII

"I'm back!" I exclaimed loudly as I arrived, entering the living room.

"Well, if it isn't our favourite traitor!" Tony greeted cheerfully.

"Awh, favourite? Really?" I said, bringing my hand to my chest as to say 'I'm so touched!'

"No, not really! Our favourite traitor is Clint, obviously!" Tony told.

"Hey! I was under mind control, that's not fair," Clint said offendedly.

"It really isn't. He wasn't technically the one betraying you, meaning he should be disqualified from the race," I pointed out.

"That is so far from the point," Steve told; "Arabella, you owe us a goddamn explanation!"

"You know you did bad when Cap swear," Tony told me.

"You really think you could've kept him in that little room?" I asked.

"It wasn't a little room, it was a cell," Steve corrected me; "Build to hold powerful beings."

"And yet it wouldn't have held him for a second!" I argued.

"We got him in there, didn't we?" Tony challenged me.

"Because he wanted to be in there! The second he realised that none of you had what he needed, the second you got him annoyed or even used up his patience, you all would have been toast!"

"And you wouldn't?" Cap tried.

"No, because I don't make the mistake of underestimating the people I'm up against! I just got an ally, one of the single most powerful beings in this realm owes me a favour! You lot, however... Well, if this is how you'll handle this entire thing, then good luck," I ended my little speech.

"Arabella," a voice sounded from behind. I rolled my eyes at Fury before even turning around.

"Hey mr. Pirate. I let Loki out of his cage," I told him honestly.

"I heard. Why?"

"Because if I didn't he would've just gotten out of it himself, and that would have caused much more destruction to the nice little aquarium you've built."

Fury looked at me, evaluating if he could trust me.

"Alright. I trust your call," he then decided.

"I don't care," I replied.

"You should. You really should," he warned; "You are very close to becoming a threat to us, and you know what we do to those."

"Oh my god, the threats again?! Fury, for the love of god, I am trying to help you! You're very much making me not want to help you," I warned him.

"Your attitude isn't helping. You're getting a new room," he told.

"Please tell me it's far away from here," I begged.

"You can borrow the... What did you call it, aquarium? We will let you out only when someone can watch you," Fury told.

"This is actually not that bad," I admitted, sitting down on the floor of the cell; "Can I have a book, though?"

"No," Natasha replied. Tony stood next to her, the two of them being assigned to get me to my new 'room'.

"That's fine," I decided; "Anyway, I'd like to get some sleep, so if you don't mind?"

"Don't worry, Arabella. You'll be out of here soon," Tony assured before turning around to leave.

"Byeee!" I yelled happily after them before the automatic door closed.