1

Hey everyone! Hope you're doing okay. I started watching Ratched, a Netflix series and I have to say I completely loved it!! So here is my first One Shot on it (mainly about Mildred and Gwendolyn). Don't hesitate to correct my mistakes if they are some, I apologize in advance if you find some! Have a great end of whatever you're in right now.

Enjoy
Sarah <3

The door of the restaurant opened and a red-headed middle-aged woman walked through it. She was soon followed by a golden-haired woman, older than the first one. They were both smiling widely. They walked to a car. 

Gwendolyn opened the passenger door for Mildred. ‘Thank you’ whispered the nurse. Then she sat down on her seat, waiting for Gwendolyn to do the same. Once Gwendolyn was on her seat too, she started the engine.

Midway on their way back home, Gwendolyn turned to a rugged and uneven road, lost in the forest. 

‘Gwen?” asked Mildred, her voice showing she wasn’t at ease.

‘Yes?’ 

‘Where are you driving me?’ she asked.

‘You’ll see Mildred’ she smiled. ‘It’s a surprise’

Mildred smiled weakly, not really reassured. 

A couple of minutes later Gwendolyn parked the car on a small expansion of the road. She stopped the engine and went out. Mildred opened her door and hesitantly went out.

‘What is this place?’ she asked as Gwendolyn was in front of the car.

‘Patience Mildred’ she said, turning back to see her. ‘Can’t you just trust me?’

‘I trust you’ she answered quickly. ‘I just don’t like not knowing’

Gwendolyn smiled. She walked to her and took Mildred’s hands in hers.

‘It’s just a natural spot.’ She looked deep into Mildred’s eyes. She suddenly turned back and walked to the opposite direction. ‘Now come to see the rest!’ she shouted once she was a bit far from the younger woman.

Mildred smiled, truly this time, amused by the other woman. She followed her quickly, speeding up to join Gwendolyn. 

They quickly reached the ‘spot’ Gwendolyn was talking about. It was empty, no one sitting on benches, no one picnicking. Gwendolyn smiled and walked to one of the benches. She sat down on it. It was at the edge of a cliff. Down the cliff there was a small beach and then, the ocean. Mildred sat down too, absorbed by the view, amazed.

‘I know we can’t see a lot as it is already dark but I thought going here to watch the stars with the waves sound could be lovely.’ 

‘Oh it’s perfect Gwen’ smiled Mildred, excited. ‘Thank you’

She looked around to check they were alone. When she was sure they were, she leaned her body on the left to put her head on the other woman’s shoulder. Gwendolyn smiled and wrapped her right arm around Mildred’s body. She kissed the top of her head and rested hers on Mildred’s. They didn’t talk for a while, just enjoying the moment and the other’s presence. 

Gwendolyn sighed. ‘Aren’t the stars beautiful Mildred?’ she asked, lost in the contemplation of the sky.

Mildred got her head up and looked at her with a lovely smile.

‘Yes, they are beautiful’ she answered, lost in the contemplation of the other woman.

Gwendolyn quickly noticed that Mildred wasn’t watching the stars.

‘You’re not even looking at them darling’ she said laughing.

Ashamed, Mildred turned red and turned her face to hide from Gwendolyn. The blonde woman chuckled. She took Mildred’s chin in her hand to force her to look at her. 

‘It’s okay Mildred’ she whispered before kissing her forehead.

Mildred closed her eyes during Gwen's kiss. Mildred chuckled, causing Gwendolyn to frown. Mildred lovingly looked at the other woman.

‘When I said the stars were beautiful I was looking at you.’ Gwendolyn was about to speak but Mildred interrupted her. ‘The truth is, yes, the stars are beautiful. But they are so because you’re here with me. And that’s why I was looking at you’ she said, blushing.

‘Oh Mildred’ sighed the older woman. ‘Don’t you know?’ she smiled, cupping her face with her hands. It was Mildred’s turn to frown. ‘You are the most beautiful of them all my darling’ 

She leaned forward and kissed the younger woman. Mildred smiled in the kiss and kissed her back with all her love. 

While they were kissing, a shooting star passed through the sky.