she won't let go when you hug her

Waking up to an empty bed isn't unusual. Most days are busy for Anna and sometimes she has to rush out the door in the early hours of the morning and she doesn't like to wake you at those times unless she has no other choice.

So waking up when you went to roll into her arms only to feel the sheets instead of her arms didn't surprise you. You opened your eyes to find that the sun wasn't shining today. Instead, it was rainy and grey and you could hear claps of thunder in the distance.

You sat up and rubbed the sleep from your eyes before going to quickly brush your teeth. Only a moment later, you walked out of the bedroom and started to make your way downstairs. But you froze when you heard a noise coming from the kitchen.

You furrowed your eyebrows and tiptoed down the stairs and around the corner before reaching the kitchen. You peeked around and though you weren't sure of what you'd find, you froze on your feet when you saw Anna's back facing you.

She was humming quietly, occasionally singing along to whatever song was stuck in her head. There was a delicious smell in the air and you recognized it as your favorite breakfast food. She was moving around the room occasionally but kept her back toward you the entire time, allowing you the opportunity to sneak up behind her and hug her tight.

She laughed when she felt your arms wrap around her and your warm breath fan against her skin as you laid your cheek on her shoulder.

"What are you doing home? I thought you had filming to do today."

She turned around, shaking her hand and putting her arms around you.

"Nope. Not today. I'm all yours today, sweet girl. I was gonna tell you last night but I wanted to surprise you!"

You threw your arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy!"

She smiled to herself and let her head fall onto yours. "Me too, baby. It'll be nice to spend the day with my favorite girl."

You giggled as she spun you around. Instinctively, you wrapped your legs around her hips and buried your face in her neck. A moment went by before you tried to place your feet back on the ground and pull away, only for her grip on you to tighten.

"Anna!" You laughed but all she did was let her nails run along your back, making your skin tingle a little before she said,

"Shh. It's been too long since I've been able to hold you like this. Most mornings I'm out the door before I can give you a hug and most evenings I'm either home late or I just wanna relax in bed instead. Let me hold you."

Her words were a soft whisper in your ear, but it only made the moment more special. You stopped trying to wiggle out of her arms and let yourself melt into her embrace instead.

"I love you." She whispered before kissing the crown of your head.

"I love you too." You whispered back, closing your eyes with a small smile.

You knew it was gonna be a wonderful day.