4

Steve, Liam and Ivy were all on their way to the airport again but this time to pick Ivy's brother up. During the trip Liam had asked about Ivy's gloves, she responded with an adequate answer but Liam still thought that it was suspicious. He ignored it though. They got to the airport an immediately saw Kai. They all got out of the car to greet him. Steve shook his hand, Liam gave him a bro hug and Ivy punched him in the arm which he returned with a kick to her leg. 

"Ahhh sibling love" said Liam laughing. Kai wrapped an arm around Ivy's shoulder and said "So what's for dinner?" Typical Kai, always thinking about food. They all headed back to the house. 

Ivy and Malachi's dad had been very close to Steve before he passed away. The three children would always spend time together, usually annoying their parents. See the Turner's life stories are all pretty odd and all very different to each other. Let's start at the beginning.

Lucy and Rob Turner were Ivy and Kai's parents. They all lived together in a 4 bedroom house with a fair sized backyard. The family was very close but all of them had their own secrets. Rob was abusive, but only to Lucy and Ivy, Kai was completely oblivious to the whole situation. His father was his hero, the person he looked up to. 

Ivy would get a beating around 3-5 days a week and Lucy 5-7 days a week but neither of them knew about the other one. Ivy didn't know her mum was under the fear of her father and Lucy didn't know that her daughter had been treated like she was.

Lucy would have gotten rid of Rob if she knew that he was hurting her baby, but she didn't know, so she kept him around and stayed silent in the fear of her children losing a good father. Ivy was under similar circumstances. She didn't know that her mum was also being abused, otherwise she would have done something. Instead she dealt with it to make the rest of her family happy.

One night however, Ivy and Kai went out to a party with her parents home together. Ivy wasn't feeling the party so she decided to come home early to a horrifying scene. She walked in to find her dad on top of her bruised and bleeding mother. Ivy was frozen in her steps. Rob didn't want Ivy to find out this soon but he took advantage of it anyway and tied Ivy up as well. That whole night consisted of Lucy and Ivy being tortured and Lucy being raped.

At about 4am, when Rob had taken a break, Malachi came home. Once he saw his mother and sister he run over and untied the one he got to first. It was Ivy. As soon as she wasn't gagged anymore she started blurting out who it was that did this. Kai finally caught on but not in time. Rob came out with a big kitchen knife. Kai was really confused as to why the person he adored was doing this. But he knew that he had to help his mum and sister. 

After a lot of talking, explaining, fighting and threats Rob finally left, for good. Unfortunately he went through with one of his threats. Lucy was dead. Rob stabbed her in the middle of all the commotion and the ambulance didn't arrive in time. So now it was just Kai and Ivy. Luckily Kai was old enough to legally take care of both of them.

What happened that night hit Malachi really hard, finding out his idol was hurting his family and killed his mother. If Ivy ever called him Kai then he would unintentionally lose it. He wouldn't hurt Ivy really bad but he'd grab her arm really hard and tell her not to call him that or get really angry and all up in her face which terrified her because it reminded her of their father. He had, a couple of times, pushed her to the ground or slap/punch her. After he did he would apologise like crazy. He really didn't mean to hurt her or scare her but her calling him that reminded him of that night and he couldn't take it.  

They arrived back at the house and showed Kai his and Ivy's room. Ivy was going to miss having the room all to herself. She would now have to be more careful about showing her emotions. While Ivy and Malachi were unpacking, Liam came in and sat on the bed.

"So... what are we doing today?" He asked.

"I don't know, your supposed to be the tour guide" Ivy joked

"How about we go to the harbour bridge? I've seen it but Ivy hasn't" Malachi suggested. Liam thought for a moment.

"Yeah! That's a great idea. Ok when are we leaving?" 

"I forgot how patient you were Liam" said Kai sarcastically. Kai and Liam were like brothers, only that Kai's 'brother' was dating his sister. 

"Maybe 30?" asked Ivy.

"30? But that's so long" Liam whined. 

"Too bad" Ivy stuck her tongue out at Liam. Liam stayed on the bed while Ivy and Kai unpacked and got ready to go.

"Hey Vee, are you good if Jason comes? I said that next time I go that I'd bring him but if not that's cool" Ivy really didn't want to see Jason again let alone spend a whole day with him. But she knew that her boyfriend and brother would also be there so she should be fine. Right?

"Yeah no, that's totally fine" she shot Liam a fake smile and he didn't notice that it was fake.

"Cooool" Once they were dressed and ready to go Ivy, Liam and Malachi all set off to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, picking Jason up on the way. It was a bit hard to figure out the seating arrangement of the full car but finally it ended up being Malachi driving, Ivy in the passenger seat and the two boys in the back. Liam was right behind Ivy and was playing with her hair most of the way.