Huh

+-Ruby's POV-+

Auden's sister stayed over for the rest of the sleepover, so we all went to the living room and I made sure everyone knew my plan. "Everyone will stay up as long as they can, and the winner can decide a punishment for the people who fell asleep, does that sound good?" I announced to everyone. Everyone nodded and I turned on some horror movies or shows for the group. I honestly just threw on anything that looked creepy on Netflix or Hulu, but I doubt that matters because everyone was doing their own thing anyway. Jasmine was getting to know Audrey, Teo and Larson were doing what seemed like a drawing contest, William seemed to be humming while staring into space, and Auden was reading a book on a chair. What was I doing? Well, I was making small paper butterflies and drawing a tree on a piece of paper. Once someone fell asleep, I would put their butterfly on the tree until everyone but me was asleep. I haven't set on what I would do for my punishment yet, but I'll figure it out. There is no way I'm losing this! I smiled to myself before looking at the couch to see that Jasmine and Audrey are already asleep on the floor. I put their butterflies on the tree and sat on the couch to see what was happening on the movie. 

Time passed and we turned on my Nintendo Switch after a while and everyone was getting attacked by wasps in animal crossing over and over again. I looked around to see that Auden was no longer in the room. I have no idea when he left because I wasn't paying attention, I suddenly heard the noise of multiple feet sprinting down the stairs. I looked over and it was my siblings covered in flower and cherry pie filling. I burst in laughter from what I was seeing, even though I was confused on how it happened. "What happened to you two?" I asked to the cheery cherry twins. They just pointed upstairs and I went up to their room to see Auden sitting on the couch in the room reading his book. Looking around the ceiling and walls there was a complicated machine that seemed to look like a domino effect kind of machine. I stared at him before he looked up and lightly smiled, but his smile looked evil. I went over to him and pat his head. "Feel free to enjoy the cherry pies I made," He said before closing his book and leaving the room. I smiled and as I went downstairs I saw Larson asleep on one of the couches while William and Teo were still playing on my Switch. I sat to watch them play, but I decided to play a trick on them to ensure I won.

I started to pretend to sleep, relying on myself to not fall asleep on my quest. I heard them whispering I was asleep and I had to fight my urge to smirk. I heard footsteps walking down the stairs and I didn't recognize it to be those of my parents or my siblings so I assumed they were Auden's. He sat down near me and I could have swore I felt a gaze on me, but I didn't want to open my eyes to see if I was imagining it. After a while, I opened my eyes to avoid falling asleep to find everyone else was asleep. Or, that's how it seemed. I decided to make some chamomile tea before sitting outside on our porch swing bench. I took a sip then closed my eyes taking in the cool winds and the overall atmosphere. The night was fun... but any remaining tension I had was just melting away. I felt someone sit next to me and I opened my eyes and turned to see Auden. "Oh, you woke up?" I asked the black haired male before taking a sip of my tea. "I never fell asleep, but I was merely following your example." I smiled at his response and reached up to pat his head. He looked at me confused. His cheeks seemed to be a bit... blushed? No, it's just the lighting. He seemed to turn away for a second and I tilted my head. I took a sip of my tea and Auden looked at the sky. Before I knew it, I had finished my tea and I was even more tired than before. Was it the warmth? Honestly, I don't know. I felt myself slowly slipping into a dream world...

+-Auden's POV-+

I sat next to her while her eyes were closed. Her gaze quickly went to me before I even knew it, and I don't know whether to be impressed or scared. "Oh, you woke up?" Ruby asked me, lightly tilting her head. She was faking being asleep, so I did so as well to make the two remaining boys beside me thought they had won. I simply replied, "I never fell asleep, but I was merely following your example." She seemed to smile at me and it seemed to be brighter than the sun, despite it being the night. What am I thinking? Her hand went up and pat my head for no reason, making me feel a wave of emotions. I began to feel my face heat up, my pulse lightly quicken, and my palms beginning to sweat all because of this girl... no, I'll just take my temperature later to see if the germs from the twin's dirty room gave me the flu. I turned away for a second to see if my supposed flu would die down, yet I still felt my heart pounding. I looked back and her head tilt didn't help. I looked up at the sky while she finished her tea. I felt something fall on my shoulder and when I looked at it, I saw her asleep on my shoulder. She looked like a child falling asleep after drinking warm milk with cookies and it made my heart practically melt. I felt myself slowly falls asleep with her, despite my melted heart doing gymnastics.

AAAAND we're stopping on this beautiful note for today! Sorry for not updating, some stuff happened last week and I forgot to update forever sooo... 

Anyway, I hope you had a great day!

Sayonara, 

-Author Chan, Izzy Chan Nyan Cat (and the person known as a weeb to her school)