Derek

She came back to the kitchen, a big smile on her face, "guess what mum" she says

"What is it?",her mom asked.

"I just gained admission into the university"

"That's great" Funmi said, hugging her daughter.

Victoria served her grandparents their meal and returned to her room.
When Funmi joined her in-laws in the sitting, they had lots of questions for her, especially how Victoria appearance was totally transformed.
Victoria sat in her room, laughing and crying at the same time, she was happy she would no longer be the butt of jokes and sad her father and sister are not alive to see her now.

The Adeniyi's had a big party to celebrate.

"I can't believe my baby is finally leaving" Funmi commented

Jessica laughed
"Come on mum,she is not leaving the planet, it's within riding distance"

Victoria started life as a student of the university of Lagos and her only focus was to make her dad proud,she was studious,smart and sociable,but had easily got into fights that would normally have being avoided.
Victoria's beauty, brilliance made guys over look her attitude and created envy and enmity among her female counterparts.

She was going to the apartment which she had rented outside campus,when girls accosted her.
"Stop right there,you bitch"

"What do you want?"she asked clearly confused

" Oh she talks,stay away from our guys"
"Hold up, hold up, I am not dating any of your guys,they should be the one receiving this preaching,not me,now if you would excuse me,I have to go to class"

One of them dragged her back and they gathered to beat her up,when a voice said

"Is this how to fight?,let her go"
She was released and the girls left

The guy who saved her pulled her up
Victoria stared at him, he looked so handsome, his physique was really nice
"Hello, beautiful" he smiled" I am Derek, and you must be the Belle of the campus, Victoria Adeniyi"

Victoria blushed and took his hand " am pleased to meet you"

Derek looked around and asked
"If you don't mind, can I take you out for dinner?"

Victoria could hardly believe her luck,one of the top notch guys in campus asking her out
"Alright, but don't forget bills on you"

"No problem"

They began to go up into higher levels, they became lovers, Derek did everything to make her happy, nightclubs, expensive outings.

On a particular date,her mother called her cell, she picked at the sixth ring

"Where in the world were you?,I have b