Chapter 10

Pride and Kindness. 10

<Kindness' P.O.V.>

"So tell me Kindness, how does the mind operate?" Dorchete kneeled in front of me, I stared at the ground.

My hands were tied behind a pole, and my feet were bound. I was sitting down, I rather be standing though.

I didn't reply, just stare.

"Has he spoken at all?" Dorchete turned to Martel, she shook her head.

"The Boy hasn't said a word, and when he does, its just mumbling," Martel replied. "I don't even think he can speak properly!"

"I can speak....Just not very good," I said, I was getting better at timing my paused so they sound like there supposed to be in there.

"Huh," Dorchete sat down in fromt of me, he was curious.

"Go away," I said, "Why do you even work for Greed?"

There was silence, I knew they wanted to answer, I could see Martel's mouth trying to form the proper words.

"I ready know," I said, "Don't bother," I turned my head, and stared at the ground.

"KINDNESS!" Greed walked in the room, I became tense as he laid a hand on my shoulder, "How are ya doin?" He asked, I glared.

"Get offa me....please," I said, he took his hand away, smirking.

"Kindness, you know a lot, why don't you tell me what will get Pride to join me?"

"No,"

The answer seemed to startle him, Greed always got what he wanted, and now he was wondering how to get what he wanted now, Pride's data. I knew how, but I wasn't going to tell him.

"Why not?"

"I'm not betraying....Aiden like that!" I said, Greed smiled, a toothy grin that made my skin crawl.

"You will soon though Kindness,"

<><><>

<Pride's P.O.V.>

Guilt was eating me from the inside out. The cold wind hit me, but didn't sting, since I actually wore pants and a long sleeved shirt today at Briggs. My hair was still down though.

It's my fault he was captured, if I wasn't in this mess then Greed wouldn't have caught him, who knows what he's doing to him now.

"Pride, your going to fall," Envy grabbed my wrist and pulled me down, I was standing on the ledge.

"What if I did?"

"Then I wouldn't go save you," He replied, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah you would," I said, grinning. Envy twirled my hair, twisting it between his fingers.

"How are you sure?"

"You love me too much," I said, I sat back down on the ledge, 100 feet below me was snow. And It was deep to.

"Pride, what's wrong?" Envy asked, I sighed, and swung my legs back and forth.

"Nothing," I replied.

"Don't lie," He said, I smiled a little, then it turned into a deep frown.

"I feel terrible," I said, hugging my legs close to me now.

"Why?"

"You know why! Kindness is with Greed and who knows whats Greed doing to him! Its all jist a scheme so he can have me-,"