(Vol 1) Truth In Legends [Under Editing]

(Doctor Oobleck's Class)

(Adrian's POV)

Ace, Adrian, and all the members of team RWBY and JNPR are shown in Dr. Oobleck's Classroom, and currently everyone is reading the book of old Fairytales, along with Oobleck himself.

Oobleck:—"As thanks, the Maidens promise to visit the old man once every year." Now! Who can tell me the lesson? Or rather the importance of this story?

No one raised there hands; remaining completely quiet.

Oobleck: No one...? (takes a swig of his coffee) I must say I'm surprised.

Suddenly, Yang raised her hand; catching the Doctor and her classmates's attention.

Oobleck: Yes, Ms. Xiao Long?

Yang: (as she puts her hand down) I was just wondering... Why are we talking about fairytales instead of I don't know... real history?

Ruby: (wondering the same thing as her sister) Yeah?

Dr. Oobleck zooms over to the pair and takes another swig of his coffee.

Oobleck: Fairytales may mostly be fiction, girls, but every story has a sliver of reality in them. (zooms back over to his desk and looks on at all his students) Take note of this children: Even the oldest of legends contain truth in them, and often lessons can be learned from these stories.

Strangely, Ace and Adrian couldn't help but feel this lecture was directed at them.

Nora: (moans in boredom) But why aren't we reading the fairytales where there's more fighting?!?!

Adrian chuckles at Nora's childish behavior, while Ace and Ren just shake their heads from side to side.

Oobleck: (contemplating) Hmmmm.... Very well Ms. Valkyrie! Everyone turn to page 13 in chapter 1! (as everyone shifts through the pages of their books) Perhaps this legend will be more to your liking.

Once Adrian made it to the assigned page he was rather shocked when he saw the large painting on the first page of the fairytale. The painting covered the whole page and in it, depicted a slightly-larger-than-human-sized, vaguely insectoid Grimm with clawed hands, a scaly hide, a pair of downward-facing ram horns, chiropteran wings with beetle-like wings underneath, hooves for feet, and reptilian spines protruding from its back. Parts of its body appeared to be made of greyscales with accents of red and purple. It also had gold veins on its hands and arms, chest, shoulders and back, a red diamond eye shaped gem in the center of its forehead, and skull-shaped gold knees and elbow guards with small horns. The most notable feature of the creature was its slit-like eyes, which glowed red and did not have pupils.

Adrian: (mentally/slightly frowns) Unbelievable...

Oobleck: Now! let us begin! (clears his throat)

(A/N) (start the video above)

"Two milleniums ago there was a war, between the humans, the faunus, and the other, the Grimm, but somebody from the Grimm ranks woke up to justice, and stood up against this legion, alone. His name was Sparda. Later he quietly reigned the human world, and continued to preserve harmony until his death. He became a legend. The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda."

After Dr. Oobleck finished reading the story, everyone in the classroom (not including the Arbiter brothers) was left awestruck/dumbfounded.

Ruby: Wooowww.

Ren: Indeed.

Weiss: Not to sound like a know-it-all, but this story sounds completely preposterous! Grimm are monsters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Adrian: (mentally) Ouch! That hurt a little.

Ace showed he was also slightly hurt from Weiss's comment, but he became irritated when their classmates showed agreement with her.

Oobleck: Regardless if you believe this story to be true or false, Ms. Schnee, the fact of the matter is that this story represents that heroes come from all walks of life. (looks directly at Weiss) Human. (looks at a student with scales) Faunus. (finally looks directly at Ace and Adrian) And in this story's case even Grimm... (peers at everyone) Be open minded students. Class dismissed and have a lovely weekend!

The students are still in awe of the story they just read, but they quickly exit the classroom as soon as Oobleck dismissed them. However, as the Arbiters leave they cast ominous shadows on the ground that look reminiscent of the creature they had just read about.

(A/N) (Alright! Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year!!!!!! I hope you're all having an awesome Christmas and I especially hope this chapter makes it even better!! See you all in the next one, and again have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!)