~𝕴𝕴~

Dream was angry. His brother had arranged his marriage without consulting him. He was incredibly angry, especially because he already had a boyfriend.

Sniffling, George walked into his room. Dream felt horrible, but Techno had already made up his mind, for they needed to make peace with L'Manberg before another war broke out.

Dream, wrapping him in a hug, spoke softly, "Hey, no, it's okay, it's gonna be okay, shh"

Eyes wet, George looked up at him, "But... but you're mine." He pouted.

"I know, I'm only marrying him for peace, remember, I only love you, okay? For what it's worth, whoever the guy is probably won't love me either."

"Mmkay"

Dream picked up George and they moved towards the sofa. Laying next to each other, Dream whispered sadly into George's ear.

"I'm sorry, I never wanted to drag you into this."

George, already asleep, merely took in another deep breath. Dream eventually gave in and fell asleep too.

The next morning, the pair woke up curled together cuddling. Dream's eyes fluttered open and made contact with George's.

"Morning," George said tiredly.

Dream mumbled in response. Outside the door, a faint conversation was barely audible. 

"In one day and one fortnight." A voice unmistakably belonging to his older brother.

"Your majesty, the message will take a day to arrive."

"So be it."

"That will give him only one fortnight to prepare."

"Then I suggest you move a touch faster, Sir Sapnap."

"R- Right"

Dream felt bad for his childhood friend, Sapnap. He'd been forced to become a Knight with no home or family, only to survive. When they were younger, Dream always brought extra food when they went to play. They grew apart when Dream took on more responsibilities as a Prince and hadn't talked much since.

The door swung open speedily, which meant Dream's younger brother had come to invade his peace.

"Hi Dream- Oh George, hello as well." Tubbo bounded into the room.

"Hey Tubs" George replied.

"What was Techno saying?" Dream asks, dreading the answer.

"Oh, I wasn't really paying attention, but if I had to guess, probably talking about L'Manberg."

Everything piled on at once. Dream was getting married in 14 days.

"Holy shit. No, oh no."

George raised his eyebrows with an inquiry.

"The wedding's going to be in one fortnight, isn't it?" Dream continued.

Tubbo shrugged, "Sounds like a decent estimate, I think."

George's face contorted with sadness as he moved into Dream's shoulder for comfort.

"Who am I marrying anyways?"

"Techno didn't tell you? That Prince, King Wilbur's son. Funny, F- Fundy?"

Dream was about to retort with He's adopted  but quickly shut up because of who he was talking to.

"Oh..."

Otherwise, Dream and Fundy weren't friends, not before the war, and certainly not after.

"I guess I should get going, then," Tubbo said.

"Alright, bye." Dream said with new mixed emotions.

Tubbo walked away and closed the door on his way out.

Dream thought about the good and bad parts about marrying Prince Fundy. For starters, a bad thing is that he's marrying someone he doesn't love. Another bad thing is that it's not even a close friend, so they can talk and understand the situation together. One good thing is that George won't worry about feelings getting in the way, since he's never met the guy. Another good thing is, of course, the peace between the Empire and L'Manberg.

Is it worth it?

Dream wants to say yes, but deep down, he tells himself that it's not. He's not a commodity, he shouldn't be thrown around for the benefit of the Empire. Alas, it isn't his choice.

Later that day, Dream and George are walking through the garden, when they spot Tubbo running and playing in the forest with another boy.

Their loud voices travel all the way to Dream, and he catches bits of their conversation.

"... nicer than our castle.", "Never seen...", "... garden and flowers..."

"I wonder who that is." Dream thinks aloud.

"I've never seen him around here," George adds.

They start towards Tubbo and the unfamiliar boy. Reaching them quickly, Dream makes an observation. The boy's attire is quite different than any he'd seen. Nevertheless, he starts talking.

"Hey Tubbo, who's this?"

"Oh, this is my friend. Tommy?" Tubbo says.

"Hello." Tommy's voice is heavily accented as he replies.

"Nice to meet you, Tommy. I've never seen you around here."

"Ah, yes that's 'cause," He suspiciously glances towards Tubbo.

"I live near the border. Real far out." He finishes, seeming almost proud of himself.

Skeptically, Dream replies, "Oh, that would make sense... I'll see you later, Tubbo, and take care, Tommy."

With that, Dream and George walk back to the Garden.