Cutie and the Dork

a/n hey this is my first book so I hope that its alrite!!! go easy on me lol and feel free to comment iv got really bad grammar and spelling so any corrections will be really helpful!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing up I had always been the typical geek, well I didn't wear glasses but I had been stuck with braces for a few years. I had to put up with the usual ‘brace face’, ‘rail way’ etc. I had been hoping and praying I would be like one of the girls in films that once the braces would be removed I would be this beautiful and popular girl. I had no such luck; they still hated me even with my straight white teeth!

I was the usual target to the bullies; to encourage them to leave me alone I wore all black. Once I even dyed my hair black but it was no use. My brother was the popular basketball king and I was the mouse in the corner. I had been on honour role since first grade, I had even been offered to go up a grade but I refused. I don't know why but I wanted to be the same age as everyone else, and I think that I would have got even more stick if I had been the youngest in the year. I twirled over onto my right side and looked at my alarm clock. It was 6am and I mentally counted down, three, two, one...

“Rhea!” my mom shouted up the stairs. I grumbled, not wanting to part with my comfortable bed, this was my last morning at home before I was shipped off to boarding school.

“Rhea! You're going to be late! Come on!” my mom persisted.

“I'm up!” I shouted back, I stretched and got up. I walked up to my ensuite bathroom and jumped into the shower. I guess I should be excited but I wasn’t, I had decided to try to at least make some friends but I was terrified of being stuck in boarding school with a load of popular kids. I had never had any friends; the only time people interacted with me was when they wanted my help. I sighed at myself in the mirror whilst I brushed my teeth. My green eyes twinkled in the bright bathroom light, after brushing my teeth I swept my long blonde hair into a messy bun. I went back into my big bedroom and pulled on a pair of black jeans, black t-shirt and black hooded sweater. I sighed and took them back off; this was not part of my plan. I reached back into my suitcase and pulled out a light pink vest top and a denim skirt that reached mid thigh. I made sure I put some little black shorts underneath, just in case the wind blew the wrong way.

 “Morning dork.” My elder brother said as he pushed past me down the stairs, he's such a jerk I thought to myself as I walked down one of the two marble staircases leading to the foyer. I walked towards the smell of pancakes, as I reached the table my mom put down a plate in front of me.

“Eat fast, it's a long trip.” Mom sat across from me and started tucking into her own breakfast. My dad came huffing in, his hands were red from dragging my huge suitcases to the range rover he was driving me in.

“Morning dad.” He winked at me in reply; his face was still slightly flushed as he sat opposite my mother at the table.

“So as I was saying last night, I think Rhea’s room will make such a good games room.” I stared at my brother, for a moment I was too angry to speak. He smiled at me broadly, his blue eyes showing amusement.

“Nathan I really can't wait to be away from you.”

“You have one, leave her room alone.” My dad said sternly, his grey-blue eyes showing slight irritation. He looked in my direction and I caught his eye, I had always been a daddy’s girl and I was going to miss him terribly, I wouldn’t be able to run into his arms everyday and tell him what someone else had done to ruin my day. I almost choked on a pancake swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat. I averted my eyes from his loving gaze and tried to finish my breakfast.

“Right we should get going. Nathan if you go out make sure you lock the door. Dad and I will be back this evening.” Mom said matter of fact manner and sauntered into the kitchen, she had such a presence about her, the way her blonde hair swished as she moved. Her stance was still that of a professional ballerina even though she only teaches part time nowadays. I had been doing ballet for fourteen years; I started when I was two. I was often offered parts but I always declined, I had never been confident enough to get on stage. I used dance to relax me whenever I was stressed just the motion of putting on my pumps started to relax me. I stood up slowly and turned to leave the kitchen, I turned in surprise when I felt myself being turned back.

“Look don't make a big deal out of this but... I'm going to miss you.” Nathan whispered in my ears, I hugged him tightly.

“I'll miss you to.” I whispered hoarsely, my voice was clogged with tears. The tears wouldn’t stop; Nathan pulled back and wiped my eyes with his hands.

“I told you NOT to make a big deal Rhe-Rhe.” I felt my cheeks heat at the mention of my childhood nickname and he laughed, I savoured the sound knowing I probably wouldn’t speak to him until thanksgiving.

“Shut up jerk.” I retorted smiling, he gave me a dazzling smile and pushed his golden blonde hair out of his eyes. I turned away and headed into the garage after checking my room to see if I had left anything. Only my favourite teddies but I think that I need to leave them behind. The drive was long and slow, I drifted off to sleep for most of it but just as we reached Scythe Private High School I woke up. My dad slowly took all my bags to my dorm room, I offered to help but he refused. When he had taken the last of my four suitcases and came back he sat in the backseat next to me.

“I thought you might need this. Don't go to crazy on the phone bill though.” He smiled sadness in his eyes, I looked to his hands and he handed me the latest blackberry smart phone. I threw my arms around him and smiled, I had never had a cell phone before firstly because I had no friends to call and secondly because I kept to a rigid schedule my parents knew where I was at all times.

“Thank you.” He just smiled at me in reply, I got out of the car after my dad and my mum swept me into her arms.

“I'll call you when we get home.” I nodded into her shoulder trying my best not to cry, I had agreed to move here, demanded to even. I had gone on loads of shopping trips with my mom to buy new clothes to fit my attempt at a fresh start and a new me.

Stepping away from the quickly disappearing car I looked at the scrunched up paper in my hand my room number was 220, I walked up to my room no one had arrived yet. It was eerily quiet as I went up to the second floor. The building was light and comforting, as I reached the end of the corridor I opened the door to my new home away from home. I gasped, it was beautiful. A double bed on one side of the room, a huge window that showed the grounds below, an oak wardrobe and chest of draws at the side opposite wall to the bed. I turned beside me and opened the door to my ensuite. My parents had paid extra for me to have an ensuite, the thought of sharing a bathroom made me shudder. I started fixing the room, putting clothes away, spreading the bed, putting up the curtains whilst balancing precariously on the comfortable chair. I had just rearranged my candles, humming quietly to the music playing from my apple laptop. There was a quiet knock on the door.