•Back To School•

🔮Crystal🔮

I'm sitting at the lunch table with my pack, the Clan, as well as Alec and Ally. Ally these past few weeks has come to accept the fact that her brother is truly in love with Caleb. She's decided to stay in Seabrook for the duration of Alec's training and has stopped taking her mom's calls.

I listen to Bree and Addie's excited chatter about cheer this year. I've decided to take a break from cheer and focus on my grades. I stare down at my tray as my dreams from last night flash through my mind. They've been getting more and more frequent and I'm wondering if my Mother's trying to tell me something.

"Hey? Crystal?" I blink at the sound of Wyatt's voice and turn to stare at him. "Hmm?"

"You okay? You've been weirdly quiet these last few days?" He asks softly as to not draw the whole table's attention to us. "Um, I'm fine. I've just had trouble sleeping, I'm sure it's nothing." He gives me a look that says it's more than that, but doesn't press me.

Wyatt goes back to discussing football with Zed and I glance happily around the table. Eliza is chatting with another wolf girl, Bonzo is listening to Bree's every word even if it is about cheer. My eyes land on Caleb and Alec, their heads close together, in their own little world.

I smile, happy that they were able to reconcile. Ally rolls her eyes, but in a playful manner as she pushes her spoon into her mouth. Catrina whispers something into her ear and she laughs softly, earning a roll thrown at her and the wereleopard by Caleb.

Cat catches it and bites into it with playful eyes. Caleb smiles, a genuine smile, and I've notice just how much he's loosened up since dating Alec. I was right when I said the young archer would be good for him. Cedric tosses a piece of food into the air and opens his mouth, catching it, chewing as some other werecats laugh.

Warmth fills my heart as I look at the peace we've developed with each other. And to think years ago this wouldn't have been possible. Zombies, humans, werewolves, werecats, and two hunters sitting at the same table together. It's amazing. The bell rings, breaking me from my thoughts and I blink.

"Still planning on staying after school?" Wyatt asks specific people at the table and they nod their heads. Some of us had decided to have a small game of football on the field here so there will be enough room and to help Wyatt practice since he's joined the team this year.

Alec tried to encourage Caleb to join but he declined, saying something about having enough violence to last him a life time. "Alright, see you guys later." He leans down and presses a kiss to my cheek before leaving the lunch room with Wynter and Willa.

I follow Addie, Caleb, Alec, and Ally to our next class as our rather large group splits up. I enter algebra with my friends and go to our seats. Caleb sits in front of me while Alec is in the front seat of the third row. Addie is on the far side of the room and Ally is in the middle.

I rummage through my backpack and pull out my calculator, notebook, and lead pencil. My heightened ears pick up the sound of a phone vibrating as someone calls. I lift my head up along with Caleb who also heard it, searching the room and eventually figuring out its Alec.

The young hunter pulls his phone from his pocket and looks down at it. I hear him sigh before hitting decline. It must be his mom again. "Phone away, Mr. Harris," Mrs. Simmons chastises and he nods sheepishly before slipping it into his pocket.

"Alright, for today's lesson—" The sound of a phone ringing cuts her off and all eyes are drawn to Ally who fumbles her phone out of her backpack. "Phone off, Miss Harris!" The teacher exclaims with clear annoyance in her voice.

"Sorry, Mrs. Simmons, I thought I put it on silent," Ally says flustered as she finally gets her phone out and declines the call. She, I assume, puts it on silent before shutting it off and putting it back into her backpack. The teacher huffs and begins her lecture.