Dio's Mansion

Jolene's POV
We were silent.
How did he know we were even here?
I watched in unseen horror as Avdol turned his head to look at the pillar.
The same one that almost killed me when I first arrived at this mansion.
" Avdol- " he pushed me back, making me push Polnareff back as well.
Kream did what it does best.
Destroy people's lives.
It only left Avdol's forearms behind, and Polnareff in many emotions he couldn't express at the time.
" AVDOL! " he said the man's name in a pained yell.
" Polnareff.. Polnareff. Hey, are you listening to me? " I asked him, as he just stared at the limbs on the ground in a painful silence.
" Polnareff! I'm sorry, but do you wanna die too? Do you want Iggy to die?! " I asked, pulling him through the destroyed living room.
" no! Why would I want Iggy to die? I don't want anymore people to die! " he shook his head, making sure to keep up with me.
" then please, pay attention to what's going on! I'm not angry, I'm worried about you! " I said, letting go of his hand to run down the hallway, and hold Iggy safely.
" I know you're not angry, you're not feeling much of anything but worry right now! " he ran next to me.
" I'm feeling fear! I'm terrified of what's to come, okay?! Why else do you think I'm yelling?! " I tried to shake my hair out of my eyes, but it would only bounce back due to me running.
" I just didn't think you cared much for emotions at all! I'm scared too! " he ran up the stairs before me quickly.
I followed, and we stood in the sunroom.
" Polnareff.. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't save him. " I said quietly, breaking the silence.
" no.. it's not your fault.. he always put others before himself! " he said in an almost angry tone.
I went to speak, but I was interrupted by a loud crack.
Looking up, I spotted Kream's trail through three large wooden beams in the ceiling directly above us.
It began to fall, and Polnareff's was trying to find where Kream would stop.
' no.. I know I have a way to protect myself.. but Polnareff's wide open right now. There's three beams about to fall. One over him, one over me and Iggy, and the other in front of Polnareff. Option one will have to do. ' I used my level-head to best this situation.
" ( HAYLOFT! ) " I yelled, watching the spider appear.
It shot a web that yanked Polnareff back, and Iggy's stand pulled us back.
The beams all fell on the ground, almost breaking through it.
Kream circled around the room in a slow swirl, planning to close in on us.
" Iggy, I have a plan. " I said to him, and he nodded.
Pulling Polnareff with us, we hid on the stairs as I told them what the plan was.
" make a clone of Dio.. out of your sand. I'm sure this'll work, Ice loves that wretched man. " I said.
" that's quite the plan, Utsuishō. " Polnareff said.
" Jolene. " I stated.
He looked at me, confused.
" my name is Jolene. " I said.
" alright then, Jolene. " he smiled.
Iggy did what the plan was, and sent the fake down the stairs.
" Ice, what's with all this noise? " the sand Dio asked the man.
" lord Dio.. " Ice looked up at the shirtless man.
Ice didn't even spare a movement, and he punched the fake's head off.
He snapped his head to us, and I looked at him with empty eyes.
" damn. " I muttered, standing up.
" you think I'm dumb enough to fall for that?! Lord Dio trusted me to get rid of you! " he shouted, going into a rage.
Iggy jumped in front of me, growling madly like he had rabies.
" you.. it was you that made that fake! " Ice kicked Iggy into the wall, shocking me.
Polnareff is struggling against Kream, it took off the front of his left foot.
Ice started kicking Iggy like he was digging with his foot, kicking with all his force.
I froze, seeing Iggy's eyes look at me helplessly.
Rising from the ground, I made my way to Vanilla Ice.
He was just yelling about how Dio trusted him with such a task, and other bullshit.
My hair blew everywhere as the wind around me began to swirl, grabbing Ice.
" I will.. kill you. " I started, looking at him with my uncovered eye.
" right here. " I reeled my fist back.
" right now. " I punched him with all my strength, sending him flying out the window.
It was like this all happened in slow motion.
I didn't hear Polnareff's yells for me to get out the way.
I didn't hear Kream coming up behind me.
I didn't hear Iggy's stand materialize.
I felt something kick me, and I steadied myself with the air.
Kream shot out the hole in the wall, only to disappear.
After that, Iggy's stand fell apart as his head dropped.
" no.. no! Iggy! " I touched the ground, stumbling to where his body was.
He's been with me for seven years, and he was only one when I got him.
He's not supposed to die yet.
He's my best friend.
He's the only one who isn't disappointed in me.
I fell to my knees as I put a shaky hand out to him.
His chest was broken open, and blood was all around his small body.
I placed my hand on his chest, tearing up as I did so.
Nothing.
No pulse.
No breathing.
Not a blink.
" I-Iggy.. n-no.. " I whispered, picking him up.
His body was completely limp.
My best friend was gone.
I couldn't even speak as I began to break down, crying as I held his body.
" Jolene.. " I heard Polnareff say.
This is all my fault.
If I hadn't told them that stupid plan!
Iggy would've still been here, with me, right now!
If I made the fake instead!
He would've been alive!
I set his body down, using dust and dirt to cover up all the blood and fur.
Making a small flower sprout on top, I wiped my eyes.
" goodbye, Iggy. " I whispered to the makeshift grave, wiping the last tear that fell.
" Jolene.. I'm so sorry.. " Polnareff said to me.
" it's not your fault. It's mine. But we don't have time to grieve right now. Dio's throne is where it's always been, so let's go. " I said, walking to the broken staircase.