Tsushima, 1306.

In the island of Tsushima, 24th July of 1306. A young boy named Kawasawa Jiro was born and was going to be the next heir to the Itsuki Clan, a Samurai clan. His father, Jotaro Ido was the one in charge of the clan at that time.

 Several year past and as Jiro grew older, he slowly adapted to the Samurai code of honor. He was trained with many skilled and high ranking samurai, some of those being his own mother and his sensei, Kage. Kage came from the Komorebi clan, he was the leader of the Archery squads. Sadly, the Komorebi clan was disbanded due to some of the members were rebelling the Royal family and had overthrown them. 

1320, Jiro was 14 years old when their clan was attacked by bandits. During this event, many of the samurais were slaughtered, burned and dismembered. The bandits were demons, but many of the bandits suffered when they met Jotaro Ido. Even though Jotaro's attempt on turning the tables against the bandits, he was still outnumbered. In the end, one of the bandit manages to do a serious damage to Jotaro, causing him to fall. His son was watching through the door as his dad slowly crawls to him, begging for help. His son did nothing, he was scared. Then, at that very spot, Jotaro's head was chopped off. Luckily, Kage was able to bring Jiro with him to escape the place. They ran off, to Ukiyo Castle. The owner of Ukiyo Castle was Jiro's uncle, Kiyotaka. Kiyotaka was known as a great leader and strategist. He was also known for defeating the rebellious clan of Kogarashi.

After the Ukiyo Clan was informed that Jotaro has fallen, Kiyotaka's eyes was burning with fury. Shortly after that, he ordered 25 skilled samurais to clean out the Itsuki Clan prefecture out of any bandits. Kiyotaka knew that, Jiro is vulnerable without his dad. So, he took him as his adopted son. After that day, Kiyotaka always trains Jiro how to control over his emotions and how to be a true samurai.