The Birds

*TW descriptions of death/dying*

.

He was alone, and he was dying. That was the fact of the matter. He was dying and there was nothing anyone could do.

He took out his pen and wrote to the one who had always been there, but couldn't be there now. Not when it really counted. His hand shook badly as he scratched out the letters.

"Nothing lasts forever. Nothing but the memories, they stay. And the memories we made together were the greatest of a lifetime. My time is up, but you will all carry on. You will continue the story, braving your adventure called life. My best wishes, and sincerest hopes that you will live the full and happy life you deserve my love.

We had a good run.

Make the most of it will you."

He layed back against the cold stones and closed his eyes.

The birds found the body hours later, face as peaceful as it had never been in life. His hand held a letter to his chest, a letter that would never be sent, never be read, never treasured, but would be forever missed.

.

.

.

this is a second lil scene I wrote the other day. hope you enjoyed! lmk if there are any errors. don't forget to vote/comment (but only if you actually liked it)!

until we meet again

~author