Chapter 2

Kai finally let me go after I assured him I'd speak to Jo, promising if I didn't live up to my end of the bargain and the merge didn't go forward he'd be practicing spells on me tomorrow night. The last thing I needed was to deal with this right now but Kai Parker's insanity never fails to ruin all of our days.

After Kai returned my keys and phone to me, I walked back to the grill where he had snatched me from. Ass.

I sat down in my car and when I checked my phone I saw it was 7:30 and I had several texts from Damon and Caroline.

I had been staying at the Salvatore house with Damon and Stefan since Kai took down the border. It wasn't like I had anywhere else to go in mystic falls anymore. My Mom died when I was 3 and my dad died just before Bonnie and disappeared to the prison world. Life really was a bitch.

I read my messages.

Damon @ 5:30: Where r u?

Caroline @ 5:59: Everything ok?

Caroline @ 6:25: Where have you gone?

Damon @ 6:43: If the most hated Gemini freak has something to do with this I'll kill him.

I giggled. "Please do" I muttered under my breath.

Caroline @ 7:00: Call me, I'm worried.

I called Caroline and let her know I was coming to the Salvatore house and to meet me there, and asked her to call Damon and let him know. I told her I'd explain when I saw them.

After a slightly shaky drive home I pulled up in the front of the house. I opened my camera on my phone to quickly check my appearance before going inside. I barely recognised what looked back at me. I looked so run down these days, and my run in with Kai really wasn't helping my looks.

I was barely one step out the car before Caroline came running out the front door and threw her self into my arms.

"Oh my gosh are you okay? What the hell happened to you?" She asked her voice full of concern.

I don't know how she did it but even through everything she still looked gorgeous, her hair perfectly curled and her nails manicured. She really put the rest of us to shame sometimes.

"I'm fine don't worry. Kai." I replied.

Her face was full of hatred at the mention of his name. After all he took her best friend too.

"Is Jo here?" I asked.

She almost always was here these days with Liv, Alaric and sometimes Luke, helping her get better at controlling her magic.

"She's inside, why? What's wrong?" Caroline sounded worried.

I just gave her a sad look and walked inside, I didn't want to have to explain this twice.

When I came back inside I saw Damon, Jo, Alaric and Liv sat on the sofas. The smashed vases in the corner of the room suggested Jo still hadn't quite got the hang of her magic again. The lights were dim but the log fire burned, filling the room with a warm glow.

Everyone looked up at me waiting for an explanation.

"Where's Stefan?" I asked the room.

"Driving." Damon answered.

Stefan did a lot of driving these days. He had pissed off Caroline by abandoning her, Elena was at college and didn't remember Damon, Damon was so focused on getting Bonnie back and trying to win back Elena that he didn't really see him much, and him and I were never really that close. So I guess he felt kind of alone these days.