next thing I knew I was in love with her

"Hey, Shannon, wake up!" I was looking how Tyler's arms were holding Cari so tight against him that she couldn't even move from his lap when Veronica called me. "I'm talking to you."

We all went to Sophia's place after practice that day just because it was a nice day and everyone missed each other. Junior year had started two days before and in two days it would hit exactly six weeks since the last time I stayed alone with Cari. Her parents had a house in Miami so she usually spent all summer there. I missed her like crazy and, when I thought I was going to be able to kiss her and touch her again, everyone decided it would be a great idea to gather around at Sophia's, so what it was supposed to be our night, turned out to be me watching her and her boyfriend glued together for what it felt like an eternity.

"Sorry, I zoned out, what were you saying?"

"I was asking if you want another beer."

"Sure." I said after checking my empty bottle.

"I'll be right back."

When she left and I got to return to my previous activities of being a masochist, there was no sign of Cari there anymore. Tyler was talking to his friends and drinking his beer and she was nowhere around. I was trying to find her when my phone vibrated on my pocket warning me that I got a new message.

"Bathroom. Upstairs."

Five seconds later I was walking inside of the house trying to look as normal as possible to not draw any attention at me. Luckily everyone was in the backyard and no one seemed to care about me leaving the place and going inside. As soon as I finished climbing the stairs I saw the door just a little opened and the lights on and I knew she was waiting for me there. I looked around to check that there was nobody seeing and slowly opened the door to make sure I was in the right place. She was standing in front of the sink, leaning on the counter.

As soon as I closed the door behind me her lips were touching mine, and suddenly everything was okay again. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tight, to show her that Tyler was not her owner and that I was still there to make her feel the things I knew he couldn't. Her lips were as soft as I remembered and the way we didn't want to let go of each other showed how much we missed that.

"God, I missed you so much." I said with my lips still touching hers.

"Me too Shan." She kissed me again, but our little make out session was interrupted by the sound of the door opening behind me, because I simply forgot to lock it after I came in. Even before seeing who was the person who had just discovered our little secret, my soul had already left my body. I looked at Cari's face and her expression was full of terror. Her eyes and mouth were wide open and for a second I thought that Tyler was standing behind me and was about to kill me at any second. But when I turned around I saw Veronica as shocked as us just staring at us.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I thought this bathroom was empty, I..." She said stepping back and leaving the bathroom.

"Veronica, wait!" I said before she closed the door again and left. I didn't wait one second and ran after her. She was already going down the stairs when I left the bathroom. "Veronica!" I caught up on her and held her arm when she was halfway to reach the door that led to the backyard. "Veronica, please, let me explain."

"I'm sorry Shannon, I had no idea you guys were there, I went upstairs because I really had to use the bathroom and the one down here was occupied, but I didn't intend to interrupt whatever you guys were doing."

"Can we talk somewhere else, please?" I said when I realized that people could hear her and get curious. "Please, don't do anything before letting me explain to you what you just saw."