Chapter 14: Sophie

"You have to choose, Sophie," Keefe said. He gave her a stern look, which he had never had, and left. 

Sophie thought about Keefe's words. "You have to choose?"  Why did Sophie had to choose? Couldn't they be friends and have no hurt feelings? Sophie made a diagram of her thoughts.

It was complicated. Her life was complicated.  Everything was complicated.  Sophie dramatically plopped down on her soft, comfy bed, and took a deep breath. She let go of all of her thoughts and didn't think about anything. It was hard, because she kept thinking about the socks that were in her mouth. "Ew," Sophie said without thinking. She gagged just thinking about the taste. 

Sophie wondered if there were stinkier socks in the world. She thought if they would ever get in her mouth. She gagged again. Sophie got up and researched on her phone (the one from the forbidden world)   about the world's' most stinkiest socks. They were all gray and rusty, and Sophie was glad that she didn't own any stinky socks. Except where on earth did those stinky socks get in her mouth? 

Why am I even thinking about stinky socks?  Sophie thought to herself.  But then everything came back to her again. About Keefe and Fitz. And the rumor about her and Fitz.  Sophie crumpled in her bed. Why couldn't her life be simple as cake? Thinking about cake, Sophie got up to eat something. 

When Sophie got in her kitchen, she realized there was a letter on the kitchen counter. From Keefe.