Author's Notes

Thank you so much to everyone who read Tempting the Fates and is now here reading its sequel

Thank you so much to everyone who read Tempting the Fates and is now here reading its sequel. I still cannot believe that so many people have enjoyed a story I created. That's all I've ever wanted to come from my writing. I didn't need fame. I just needed an audience.

This story has pushed my limits further than TTF did, and I hope it turns out in a way that compliments the first story and makes you feel just as passionate. Callie and Hades aren't those innocent little newlyweds anymore, and I wanted their struggles to show how even those who find true love must work to maintain it.

As always, I put the song I chose as the "theme song" for this story at the beginning of this section. This is the song I listen to most often when I want to remind myself of the tone and message of the story. "Noble Blood" by Tommee Profitt (feat. Fleurie) is spectacular. Make sure to give it a listen before you begin (headphones make this song sound AMAZING, by the way).

-----------------------------------------------

Acknowledgements

Thanks to my two best friends in this world- Nickie and Katelyn ( @kbell_writes ). They listen to me go on and on about my stories and how many reads they get... and still put up with me. You guys are the best and I love you endlessly.

Thanks to my parents, who have always told me I should be a writer. Your support has meant the world to me. Someday you'll see my name in print. I promise.

Thanks to my wonderful coworkers Liz, Traci, and Sue, who have been nothing but positive to me in every possible way. I just know they'd be the first to buy a copy if my books ever hit the shelves. You guys are the best... even on Wednesdays.

Finally, thanks to my husband, Eric. He does that 40-hour workweek (and then some) every single week just to make sure that our family has everything it needs, and I can pursue a career I love. He may not love romance novels, but he loves me, and that's all I can ask of him. Forever and always, and no matter what, Shmer.

-----------------------------------------------

I hope to update this story at least once per week until completed. I'm hoping that I can be diligent with this schedule, but please be patient if I'm behind. This year has been interesting to say the least! 😂

Lastly, I always like to remind my readers: this story is meant for mature audiences. There will be swearing, violence, sexual content, etc. This is the one warning I give (apart from the label in my story details). Reader discretion advised.

This story is my creation, and may not be copied, saved, or re-created without my sole approval. Any recreation of this work published under a username other than "@brennaiswriting" is considered theft and will be dealt with. Thank you for respecting my work!

And as always, please give me a vote if you loved a chapter, and comment! The best feedback I can get is from you!