Ch-1 (Prologue/프롤로그)

*At Taehan hospital*

Head surgeon: "I am done with the surgery, you guys finish it off.
Good work everyone!"

Others present in the OT: "Yes, you too."

***

If you are wondering by now...

I wasn't a part of the surgical team

....I was just a bystander.

***

**After the surgery is over Yoora heads over towards the staff room on the 4th floor.

Yoora: "Arghh...I feel so tired. Three surgeries in a row?!
Simply observing them from far is draining me so much!
If it goes on like this, I won't ever have the time to date anyone!
Well, I can't..
I need to check on my beloved necklace right now..."

***

Dr. Yoora Kim
(27)
[Cardiac Surgeon intern]

Taehan Hospital, Seoul.

~

Of course, my life here has been hard.
I had to move from Busan to Seoul right after my graduation. At first, I lived with my best friend since we came to Seoul together.

Its been three years since I moved to an apartment of my own.

But since its a little far from the hospital, I tend to spend most of my time in the doctor's staff room and live off canteen food.

Ever since my pre-clinical year, Prof. Park has become a part of my life...

Thanks to my seonbaes and that little thing called passsion I have, I still manage to deal with him.

I just want to become a good surgeon and do my duty...

But messed up, as my life already was, got no better when I finally lost the necklace, I had been clinging onto ever since that day...

*

*

**Yoora looks for her necklace in her bag but could not find it. Dr. Shin, Yoora's senior happens to be in the staff room at the same time.

Yoora: "Shin seonbae, have you seen my necklace?
I remember putting it in my bag while entering the hospital in the morning..."

Dr. Shin: "I don't know about that.
Try asking at the ground floor reception.
If you dropped it somewhere, someone might have picked it up. That's the only place to submit missing objects."

Yoora: "Oh yes... thanks!"
"I was so worried I couldn't even think straight..."

~

*At the ground floor*

**[Ukwn] sees a necklace on the floor and picks it up to submit to the reception.

[Ukwn]: "Huh? What's that thing?
A necklace?
Someone probably dropped it...ah careless woman...
Take it from the reception if you need it."

[Ukwn]: "Excuse me...I found this necklace lying over there*.
*The revolving door at the entrance
Give it to the only woman who comes looking for it, like you know...crazily. Also don't tell her about me.
Do you understand?"

Receptionist: "Yes Mr. President!"

[Ukwn]: "Then, keep up the good work."

**A few seconds after Mr. President aka [Ukwn] leaves Yoora comes to the reception lookingvfor the necklace frantically.

Yoora: *pant *pant "E-Excuse me!
Have you seen...did anyone submit...my necklace?
The pendant...a ring.
Have you-"

Receptionist: "She kinda matches Mr. President's description of the supposed owner of the necklace"
"Do you mean this one?"

Yoora: "Yes! Yes! This one!
Where did you get it?"

Receptionist: "Our Mr. President found it out!"

Yoora: "Oh really? Thank you so much!
Where is he? I should thank him too!"

Receptionist: "Oh right! I am not supposed to tell you."
"Oh my god I totally forgot... I don't wanna loose my job. God please."

Yoora: "Oh okay..."
"Huh? What's wrong with her?
Too bad, I couldn't even say a 'thank you'. Anyways, Thank you Mr. President...whoever you are."

*

*

...rather it became even more complicated!

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

**After getting back her necklace Yoora was returning to the staff room when she receives a call from Dr. Shin.

Dr. Shin: "Yoora, drop by prof. Park's office. He wants to meet you..."

Yoora: "Here we go again. What else does this old man has to say?!"
"Okay...I will."

~

*In front of Prof. Park's office*

**Before entering the office Yoora tied her hair into a quick ponytail so as to not look messy from all the necklace hunt.
*knock *knock

Prof. Park: "Come in already.
Where the hell were you?! You reported 10 minutes late! If you can't be punctual atleast then just quit!"

**Prof. Park's remark angered Yoora. She clenched her fists to calm herself down and replied back with her head facing the ground.

Yoora: "I am sorry Sir. I didn't know you were looking for me.
I came here as soon as Dr. Shin informed me."

Prof. Park: "You know what... you should be grateful that you got me as your professor or else it would have been your last day at this hospital!
But look how you behave...ha!"

Yoora: "Yes...I am... I am grateful to you for saving me back then. But I never knew that you would take advantage of it and make my life here so miserable..."

to be continued...