VIII

Percy groaned. She should not be passing out this many times, and waking up in places she didn't know. She twisted until she was sitting, and put a hand to her head, scratching it with a yawn. A boom was heard in the distance. She slowly got up and crept to the window. She slipped on a piece of fabric, a cape? Oh right, she's a hero. Percy lifted herself off the floor, and painfully slow, she reached the window. Yanking the curtain back as more booms sounded, she gasped. Jets flew overhead, and she followed them until they hit their target. Percy whispered out a curse, as she looked upon something that was going to be a pain to deal with.

Doomsday.

This was going to make like a straw, and suck. Horribly. She looked out into the rising sun, and saw something fly at her, after the roar of course. It flew just over her head, and hit the concrete, shredding the three drywall layers. She heard a groan, and ran over the debris, barefoot mind you, to see Nightwing. Gasping, she closed the distance, and crouched next to him.

"Wing?! Nightwing?! Can you hear me?! Nightwing!"
She received a groan, and his hand slowly raised, until it grabbed Percy's, and he brought it to his chest, patting it, as if to say, 'I'm fine. Give me a minute.' Percy just looked at him worriedly, until his eyes opened. He grabbed her shoulder, and pulled hard. Percy wasn't a weak girl, being a demigod, and didn't even budge. Her partner pulled until he was on his knees. Without warning, he hugged her, as if he were about to lose a priceless artifact. She hugged him, as she knew sometimes people just needed comfort. He finally, after hearing the sound barrier break, followed by a large, ground-shaking boom, arose, and kissed her. He was trying to convey his emotions through his actions, since he couldn't with his words at the moment. Now, Percy may be Percy Jackson, daughter of Poseidon, daughter of Sally Jackson, Bane of Electo, the Minotaur, Kronos, Gaia, Hero of Olympus, Praetor of Rome, Bane of Polybotes, Saviour of Artemis, prisoner of the Sky, Seaweed Brain, and Kelp Head, et cetera et cetera, but she was still a girl. She melted into the deep kiss, leaning into her lover, her hand on his broad chest. Nightwing pulled away, and stared straight at Percy, who, at least to him, looked like an angel. Her hair stuck up in all directions, and her eyes were still crinkly. She had on no makeup, or anything, and was wearing his old school hoodie and short shorts, but she looked like the most beautiful creature to him. She looked up at him with a frown.
"What?"
He took a deep breath, and reached his hands up to his mask, making Percy gasp.
"You don't have to..." He cut her off with his hand, signaling that it was all right. He removed his mask, and Percy gasped softly. She took a half step back, but went back into his embrace quickly, confuddled got the oaf in front of her. He looked like Triton at first glance. She put a hand gently to his cheek as she stared up at his deep azure eyes, they stared right back. He smirked.

"Like what ya see?" He mumbled.

She blushed, before grinning, and kissed him again, getting on her tippy toes. Another boom interrupted their moment, and neither seemed happy. Percy sighed with exhaustion.

"Did you call the League yet?"

"Yes."

She looked out with a grin expression, before grinning wickedly.

"Good. I'm sick of this ship, let's go kick some tail."

"Wait!"
Percy turned around, a questioning look on her face, as if to say,'Hurry up!'

"You don't know my name."

...

"Well?!"

"It's...its Dick."

Percy laughed deeply, and grasped her stomach.

"Perfect fit! That's what she said! Hahahaha!"