Chapter 3

At the end of your dinner date with him, he did walk you home just like he had promised. The cold air filled the night sky and it was nice to know that someone did care about you. He felt the same way about you, you had accepted him without hesitation. He was scared to lose you or tell you more about him, but he knew that it would happen sooner than he would have liked. When you arrived at your place the rain had begun to pour and pour, it caused the Streets to be flooded with water. Softly you grabbed his hand took him with you into the apartment.

"Ooh, are we going to do something hot?" he looked at you with a smirk and you just shook your head. "Ow, well are we going to do something cool then?" again you shook your head.

"I am going to get some dry clothes for the both of us and if you want you can go and take shower, I am positive that I have some spare underwear left for you." he nodded and followed you around like a small and lost puppy. When you finally arrived at the douche you told him to wait and turn on the shower so that it will be warm by the time he would be able to get in. He nodded, went inside, and already started to undress and turn on the shower. As he was in his underwear waiting for you he noticed how even in your shower things were nicely decorated by myths and legends. It only now occurred that you might have a slight obsession with your research but he didn't question it.

He heard how your footsteps came closer and closer when eventually the door opened and you walked in. Mumbling to yourself you didn't notice how close he actually stood in front of you causing you to bump into him and immediately apologize. Once you looked up and saw that he was almost naked, you closed your eyes, threw the stuff at him, turn around and leave the room.

"Here are the clothing and underwear, use them as you please, put the laundry in the basket, and when you are done please go to the living and snoop around, I will be waiting there." He nodded even though you couldn't see it.

"Yeah sure." eventually that little sentence came out of his mouth and you left the room. The door closed with a bit of a loud bang but you couldn't help it, it was way too awkward in there. While he took the shower you went to the living and saw how big of a mess it actually was. Sighing you quickly began cleaning the room and putting stuff away that you wouldnt need. After a little while, it was all nice and tidy in your room but then you looked at the study room. It didn't have a door or anything so all of your research was seeable. Then you remember that you barely had anyone over for the past few years actually, so you never bother to hide it.

Without hesitation, you went there and saw that you still had the desktop on with your emails on it, in there was a conversation that you didn't remember having with anyone. When reading through it you were shocked.

'I've been reading books of old, the legends and the myths, the testaments they told, the moon and its eclipse, and Superman unrolls, a suit before he lifts, but I'm not the kind of person that it fits' it was almost the same as the conversation you had with Aiden before and it scared you. When you tried to turn off the desktop an audio file on your computer began to play without you ever pressing anything. 'she said, where'd you wanna go? How much you wanna risk? I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts, some superhero, some fairy-tale bliss, just something I can turn to, somebody I can miss.' no, no. This isn't possible, but yet it was right there in front of you on your desktop.

Because you were so focused on your desktop you didn't notice how Aiden had gotten out of the shower and witnessed everything that had happened. He softly scraped his throat causing you to look at him. You looked so confused, so afraid and scared. Then suddenly the radio turned on and the radio DJ said something that freaked you out even more.

"I want something just like this." then the radio turned off, but only for Aiden to respond.

"No, I want something just like this." You looked at him terrified and didn't know what to do. "Listen to me Y/N, I can explain all of this, just please listen to me."

"You? You are doing all of this? That was met wasn't a coincidence, was it? It was all set up by you isn't it!"

"Okay, okay. Yeah, it was me okay? But please let me explain it to you."

"NO! Get out of my apartment this instance! I don't want to see your face ever again! Leave me alone this instance! Your clothing will be in a trash bag, I will put them on the rose bush in my front garden the one at the gate." he nodded and left without saying another word. As you heard the front door close you slumped down the wall and onto the floor as tears streamed down your face. "It was all a lie, wasn't it?"