Chapter 24: Presentation

In xiao nai's office:

everyone is discussing about what to eat for dinner. Then xiao nai came to them.

Xiao nai: In five minutes, gather up for a meeting in the conference room.

Then he left to the conference room. Immediately everyone gathered in conference room. They were still talking about dinner.

Xiao nai: Let's discuss something else before dinner. I just received an official letter from feng teng. The demo presentation is now moved up to september 1.
Yugong: What a turn of events!
Hao mei: No... Why has it been moved up? Isn't the schedule already fixed? Why did they change it so abruptly?
Qiu yonghou: Exactly. They even moved it up more than ten days.
Xiao nai: I made a call to GM Wang of feng teng. There are two reasons behind it. The first is GM He who was in charge of "A chinese ghost story." He made a last minute decision to have his surgery in the US on september 10. Pre-surgery preparation recuperation will take about three months. Before he sets out he hopes to take part in assigning the development rights of "A new chinese ghost story."
Qiu yonghou: What is the second reason?
Xiao nai: The second reason is the policymaker of feng teng, President Feng has been very concerned about this project. He will also attend the presentation. He has an international conference to attend from september 2nd to the 9th. According to the original schedule, he has no problem attending the presentation in mid-september. But now both GM He and President Feng's schedule to consider the presentation can only be moved up to september 1.
Qiu yonghou: third brother. During our previous meeting, you said that your optimization software could only be done by september 15. If we were to test and alter it, it can only be done the soonest by september 16. What should we do now? Are we to give up on optimization?
The guy sitting next to yonghou: I don't think that it would be an issue. After all, in terms of images and content, our game is already good enough to take all others out. There's just an issue with memory consumption now. We're capable of resolving it. But we're just too pressed for time to finish it.
Yugong: Exactly! It's not our fault that we were so pressed for time. We can explain it to them.
Xiao nai: Policymakers don't care for explanations. Only the final result matters. That's why I don't intend to give up on optimization. Instead, I am going to work along both lines to make adjustments to other parts to resolve the issue with memory consumption.

Xiao nai gives them some files and tell them to take a look at them. They all read them and discuss about them. Soon the meeting ends and everyone goes out of the conference room. Then xiao nai came out and tell weiwei what happened and asks her to bring some clothes and toiletries from his apartment. From then on, everyone in the office starts working without rest. Everyone is sleeping on their chairs. Some were sleeping on the couch. Weiwei gets worried about them and arrange beds, blankets and pillows for everyone. Weiwei takes care of their food and health.

 Finally, on the day when they were leaving to shanghai, They successfully complete the presentation. Then xiao nai and weiwei go to the apartment to pack xiao nai's things. When they finish packing the suitcase, the door bell rang.

Weiwei: Who could it be?

Xiao nai opens the door and sees his mom and dad.

Xiao nai: Dad.
His dad: Where are my Xu bei hong pictures? Where have you put my xu bei hong and guan zhong paintings?
His mom: Why are you running? The xu bei hong and wu guan zhong art won't sprout legs and run off.

Xiao nai's mom and dad stop after seeing weiwei and get confused.

Xiao nai: Why are you just standing here. Weiwei, go make tea.

Weiwei bow to his parents and go to kitchen to make tea.

Xiao nai: The paintings are all here.
His dad: I've been so worried. Be careful.
Xiao nai: These are the manuscripts.
His dad: Put them to the side.
His mom: You are still focused on your paintings? Are these more important than our daughter-in-law?
His mom(to xiao nai): Xiao nai, as parents, it's not that we are not open-minded. It's just that your girl friend hasn't graduated-
Xiao nai(interrupting his mom): You're reading too much into this. She came here to help me pack my things. I'm flying shanghai tonight to attend feng teng technologies's demo presentation. 

Then xiao nai's mom and dad start to argue with each other.

Xiao nai: I am going to check up in the kitchen.

In kitchen:

Weiwei: What do I do?
Xiao nai: Don't worry. I've already explained. Go give tea to your mother-in-law. Go on.
Weiwei: I know!

In living room:

Weiwei: Professor lin, professor xiao, please have tea.
Xiao nai's mom: Sit down, sit down.
Xiao nai's dad: Have a seat. Your paper was well-written.
Weiwei: Thank you, professor.
Xiao nai: It's about time for me to go to the airport. Mom, weiwei has to return to the dorms. I don't have time to take her. When you guys return to campus, take her with you.
His mom: Okay, okay.
Weiwei(holding xiao nai's hand): No, no. You really don't have to go through that trouble.
His mom: It's all right.

Xiao nai leave her hand and go to the airport. Xiao nai's mom and dad take weiwei to her dorm. After they left, weiwei's friends starts to tease her.

The next day in shanghai:

Xiao nai and the others prepare for the presentation. Both zhi yi technologies and zhen yi technologies are ready for the presentation. GM He asked zhen yi to give the demo presentation first. After half an hour, zhen yi's demo completed and now it was zhi yi's turn. After half an hour, Zhi yi's demo is also completed. Then, president Feng announced the results. Feng teng technologies is collaborating with zhi yi.

At weiwei's dorm in evening:

Weiwei was keeping her bike aside and taking her books. Then, she noticed that someone is standing behind her. She turn back and saw xiao nai. Weiwei ran to him and hugged him.

Weiwei: how was the presentation?
Xiao nai: we won.
Weiwei: that's great. Congratulations.
Xiao nai: let's go to the dinner.
Weiwei: Okay.

They both went to dinner with everyone(employs in office). They all are dinner and started karaoke. But xiao nai and weiwei already left because there is a curfew in weiwei's dorm.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for a late update guys. Hope you are enjoying. Please comment and vote. Thank you for reading.