Lolirock: A New Beginning

IRIS'S P.O.V. 

I woke to the sound of Talia singing in the shower, practicing our new song for the concert this evening. I sighed and got out of bed, staring at a picture that hung on the frame of my wall. Nathaniel and her were hugging, laughing and enjoying a picnic. Ever since Missy had become a better person, kind, loving, and caring, Nathaniel had fallen for her. 

Honestly, I didn't even know why I had a picture of them. 

They had gone on their first date yesterday, and they had fallen head-over-heels in love. Nathaniel and I had rarely talked after that, and I was fuming.

...

I made my way down to the Smoothie Shop, where Nathaniel was working overtime because of the Lolirock concert. Instead, Missy was there, washing dishes and preparing smoothies for the customers. 

 "Hey! Iris!" she yelled, all friendly. 

"Hey Missy." I said, halfheartedly. 

"I hope you can forgive me for being so mean and cruel to you, after all these years. " she whined, apologetic. I pushed past her, staring dreamily at Nathaniel, who was washing the dishes at the counter, grinning at us. Missy walked up to the counter, taking her time while taking off her apron. She whispered, 

"Nathaniel and I had our first kiss yesterday." she was excited, not smug and prune. 

"Wow." I slurped a nearby smoothie. "That's great."

Talia and Auriana burst through the door, more excited than I had ever seen them in my entire life. 

"Iris!" yelled Talia. Auriana squealed and hugged me, all excited and happy that she was finally with me. Amaru jumped into my arms, prancing around and falling asleep. 

"Hey girls!" Nathaniel greeted them. Auriana and Talia shot him a depising glare. Nate shrugged and turned around, ready to prepare the next batch of smoothies. I told them to dial the "hate glares" down, before shooting one of my own at Missy. 

Missy just grinned. 

"Are you sure they are not under a spell?" I asked Talia, worried and selfish for Nathaniel. 

She shook her head solemnly. Suddenly, Mephisto walked through the door. WAIT, Mephisto?! Talia and Auriana were about to transform, when I warned them that this was a public place. Mephisto's breath was hard and raggedy. Nate raced up to him, and steadied him. 

"Mephisto?" I whisper-yelled. "But he's dead!" I looked around, wondering if it was an illusion of Praxina. 

Praxina. 

Praxina, the one was heartbroken and devastated over the loss of her brother. I felt for her, but she was taking this revenge way too far. She was hurting people. Over the course of five weeks, 10 people had gone missing. I snapped back to the present, my glaring eyes on the limp body in Nathaniel's arms. 

"He's breathing!" he shouted, relieved. 

I took Mephisto by the arm, and so did Talia. Auriana just skipped happily behind us, with Amaru trotting faithfully by her side. 

"Crystal Atmospherum!" Talia whispered under her breath. It was much easier than carrying around a limp body of Mephisto. 

...

TALIA'S P.O.V.

Mephisto actually looked pretty peaceful while he was in a crystal bubble. He WAS pretty cute, more or less. When I had heard Mephisto had helped save  Auriana and I from that dinosaur monster, I instantly fell for him. Sure, he was evil, but there was definitely some good inside him. He just needed someone to bring it out. 

He awoke just minutes after we had gotten to Aunt Ellen's house. He was shocked. 

"Talia?" he asked incredulously, "what happened?" 

"Mephisto, why are you talking to me like that?" I retorted, turning my back on him. He whimpered, and I realized that his arm was broken, still attached, but broken. I let him out of the bubble, knowing that he could do no harm at the moment. 

I grabbed some bandages from the cupboard, and started to stitch his arm up. Iris and Auriana, who was usually cheerful,  kept their distance. Mephisto asked question after question, and told his backstory before he got here. 

"I remembered explosions, and Praxina shouting my name. I teleported up to be with her, but he was gone. I stayed on the crystal, but it too, fell into oblivion. I stayed in the forest for days, until a rogue animal raged on me. I opened a portal to Earth, praying that someone friendly would appear. Instead, a completely different thing happened. I was in front of your house, Iris. No one was in there. Even Ilira wasn't there. Then, a mysterious car smashed into me when I tried to cross the road. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I forgot to look both ways." He laughed. 

His arm was swollen and red, and bent at an odd angle. Suddenly, a swarm of black moths came into view. 

"Praxina!" yelled Auriana. 

Mephisto, who was still not ready with the bandages, jumped up, excited to see his sister. I called, 

"Wait, Mephisto, there's something you should know about your sister!" 

He ignored me, staring at the window that was open. Praxina flew in. 

"Miss me?"