Lolirock: A New Beginning; Chapter 5

AURIANA'S P.O.V.

I got a message from Talia, saying,

MEET ME IN THE ALLEYWAY.

Sheesh. Even for this, Iris has gone missing before. I wouldn't worry too much. Talia is also WAY too uptight. She needs to loosen up, like me.

Doug chased behind me, and I waved him off.

"Auriana! Who are you chasing after? Have you been selling something illegal?" I stop.

"Doug!" I reprimand.

"What?" he shrugs, "I need something for the website."

I wave him off again, and I jump to Talia, who is waiting there impatiently.

Suddenly, Kyle passes down the alleyway. "Hey Talia!" he greets her.

Talia blushes deeply and waves.

"OOH!"I exclaim, "Talia and Kyle, sitting in a-hey!" she clamps her hand over my mouth.

"Look at this crystal!" she commands. A golden crystal, fading out to black.

"Lev?"

"Lev." we both say simultaneously.

"Crystal Crinix!" she yells, a little too loudly. People are beginning to stare. We go through the wall. 

IRIS'S P.O.V.

I was still in my bed, holding me cheek, smiling. Lev, who was waiting in the doorway, smiled smugly.

I screamed, "What are you doing here?"

I covered myself with a blanket, and threw a pillow at him, and he backs out of the way, closing the door.

The pajamas that were laid out for me were too hot, so I took off my shirt. He could be here! This is a private room!

I changed into a blouse, and a skirt, something appropriate for a princess. Lev is waiting outside, and I kiss him on the cheek, making him blush. I laugh delightedly.

"My turn."I say, all singsongy.

He chases after me, but I am already gone, still feeling my cheek. I smile warmly.

I snap out of my thoughts, and Nathaniel pops back into my head. I sob quietly, and Lev finds me, sobbing on the crystal floor. He hugs me, and he feels warm, calm, and sweet. I hug him back. 

We are so close, I note. I lean in to kiss him, but a maid appears on the end of the hall counting the towels. I pull away and quickly stand up, smoothing my skirt. 

We approach the throne room. and I hear voices, Talia and Auriana. 

They tur at the sound of the door creaking, and Auriana jumps at me. 

"Iris!" she whoops with glee. She glares at Lev. 

"What are you doing with Iris?" she asks, suspiciously. 

Lev almost responds, but is interrupted my my Father. "Do not worry, Auriana, princess of Volta, I sent Lev to get the princess." 

I grin at Auriana, and then hug Talia, who looks surprised. She inquires, 

"My king, is there a kingdom called Crystalla?" 

Instead, Mother responds. 

"Yes, I'm from that kingdom, and Crystalla was destroyed in the first wave of attacks by Graymorr." she shudders, and gets a faraway look in her eyes. She looks away, staring out the window. My Father grounds his teeth. 

"Graymorr." I note that Talia looks surprised, even someone as educated as her didn't know of the kingdom of Crystalla. She only knew of Borealis, Calix, Xeris, Volta, and Ephedia. 

"Why?"

"Praxina and Mephisto."she pauses, "Mephisto is alive. So is Praxina. They turned into the prince and princess of Crystalla." 

"Oh?" he asks, a funny look on his face. 

"Dawn and Chandler, the prince and princess of Light." My Father closes his eyes, and he is quiet. I motion for Lev to follow me, with Auriana close behind. Talia stays behind, still pondering her questions. 

Lev follows me, but leaves me in the hallway as soon as we step out of the throne room. :Lev turns towards me, bows, and whispers, 

"My room." 

I nod, but I plan to spend some time with Auriana. 

"So," she starts, "what's going on with you and Lev?" 

"Nothing." I blush. 

"Iris!" she yells. 

"I know." I state. 

"You're supposed to marry someone for the throne, much less, Lev!" she protests. 

"But." I stop in my tracks.

She nods, and then she ponders about the difference between Nathaniel and Lev. She picks Lev. 

"I support your decision, but, what about Talia?" she skips down the long crystal hallway. 

"I know."

LEV'S P.O.V. 

I wait for Iris at my room, which was really next to her room. I laugh to myself.

I murmur, "She would never go for me." 

I see a blur of pink down the hall, and I see Iris, smiling.  She walks over to me, and I pull her in close. She starts to struggle, but she gives in. I see another blur of orange, but I ignore it. 

Iris leans in, and I fill the gap. Her lips are warm, and soft. She hugs me tighter, and her fingers tangle in my hair, getting stuck. I laugh into her lips, and she smiled. 
Her long blonde hair, once done up, has fallen down, as I took out the bobby pins. Her hair is soft and untangled, wavy and blonde, but, before I can take it any further,  her pendant starts glowing. 

I push away, and Iris fixes her hair. She blushes, and turns around. 

I hear a high pitched squeal.