two

Loki:

I had seen her face.

A face, I thought I would never ever see again.

Seen each mark that had made her beautiful. Each freckle that made her unique. She was still as stunning as ever, with her almond eyes and curved lips.

She had seen me too.

My Reena.

I had cried out for her, reached for her.

Then she had screamed and someone else was there to pick her up.

I stood in the middle of the street as I watched the car that held the love of my life drive away, my hand outstretched.

Why hadn't she helped me?

I turned to stare at the empty fields, the fields on which my war brothers had lost their lives. I could see them, sitting on the ground with no real purpose.

I had a purpose, or so I had thought.

It was some time before another car came screaming down the highway before skidding to a stop. I turned to watch it with interest, wondering why it would stop here of all places.

The driver's door opened and a familiar blonde idiot poked his head out before revealing his body, closing the car door with a thump.

My heart jumped in my throat.

Luke.

Luke's eyes were on me, his hand lowering his sunglasses, his mouth open in shock.

Could he see me?

"Loki?" Luke's voice asked, almost as if he was afraid to ask.

"Well at least you didn't run me over." I sort of joked.

Luke coughed before covering his mouth and began walking towards me. He looked older, more worn and sad. I walked towards him and we met halfway, with him throwing his arms around me.

They sank through me and Luke stumbled forward before turning to face me.

"Ghost." I stated, bitterly.

"I'm sorry." Luke said absently as his eyes filled with tears.

I shook my head.

"There is no need to apologise, no reason to." I replied, holding out my hand.

My mind drifted back to the time that Reena had asked me if I could trust her, to hold my hand to hers.

"I missed you. I missed you so much. We all have." Luke stated, wiping her eyes.

I turned to look down the road.

"Is she happy?" I asked.

It was painful to ask, knowing I'd hate either outcome. Mad, that she was sad, and sad, if she was happy.