Chapter 1: The Aftermath

Before we begin!!

My name is bloojaye, and I'm cannot express how excited I am about this story. This fandom is so unique and cool and I just... ughhhh! This is my first real story, so it may not be perfect. This story isn't intended to be romantic, strictly platonic!! That being said, just check my tags to see the characters I plan on adding. I will probably be adding more, but my memory kind of sucks, so I'll try updating them as I think of them. 

Enjoy!!!

Tears ran down Tommy's cheeks as he processed what had just happened. 

     Technoblade just killed Tubbo.

     Tubbo's dead.

     The jagged stone walls of Pogtopia made indents in his back as he leaned up against it in horror. Tommy just couldn't believe it. Sure, Wilbur had almost blown up all of Manberg, but Tommy never would have expected Tubbo to die. Especially not to the hands of Technoblade.

     Ugh, Technoblade.

     Tommy suddenly regretted ever inviting him to Pogtopia. It had seemed like a good idea at the time, but Techno always was a wild card. He was always ranting about anarchy and destruction, so much so that it was almost comical that Tommy hadn't seen something like this coming. 

     Wilbur told Tommy not to worry, that Tubbo would come back. He'd be back in a year, they just had to wait for him to respawn. Unfortunately, this didn't wash away the immense guilt that plagued Tommy whenever he thought about the pain that his best friend must have gone through. 

     Tommy squeezed his eyes shut and wiped away the remaining tears with his hand. He looked around at the cold and damp city that Wilbur and Tommy called a home and scoffed. This wasn't his home. Tubbo was his home. And Tommy couldn't see him anymore. 

     All of a sudden, he longed to sit in that bench they frequented and listen to his music discs. They'd watch the sunset and think about the future. The reds, oranges, and yellows would caress the sky until nothing was left but inky black. That was what Tommy missed the most. Tubbo had told him that they could leave. They had the music discs, and they had each other. Everything could have been alright. Tubbo would still be alive if Tommy hadn't decided to stay and help Wilbur. Wilbur, who had been prepared to murder everyone in Manberg.

     His hands shakily made their way down his face as Tommy briskly walked towards his room. The stone walls seemed to move in closer and his breathing grew heavier. He stared at his blistered and bruised hands. It seemed to him that the fighting would never end. He was so tired.

     All of a sudden, he heard quick footsteps approaching his room and Wilbur came bounding in. Tommy looked up abruptly and stared silently at the intruder.

     Wilbur looked.... different. Tommy knew that Wilbur had been going through shit with Manberg, but he still wasn't used to the wild look in his eyes. He hated it. Tommy always liked to think of Wilbur as his older brother. When Wilbur first proposed the idea of TNT at the festival, he was so sure that this was the right thing to do. Tommy could still remember the cold feeling that washed over his body when Wilbur had yelled and insulted him. A flash of anger briefly interrupted his thoughts before he snapped out of it.

     "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, how are you feeling?" Wilbur asked, chuckling lightly. He leaned against the door frame and stared at Tommy questioningly. 

     Tommy furled his eyebrows and gazed at Wilbur with confused and frustrated eyes.

     "What the hell is wrong with you, Wilbur?" he said, angrily. "My best friend was literally just murdered in front of me."

     "Come on now, Tommy. We talked about this, Tubbo is coming back. You'll see him again."

     "That still doesn't take away from the fact that Techno betrayed us!"

     "Of course he did, Tommy," Wilbur crooned. "Didn't I tell you that everyone would betray us?"

     "It doesn't have to be that way, Wilbur! Why can't we just be happy!"

     The smirk on Wilbur's face dropped and he began to glare at Tommy.

     "We are happy! This is exciting, Tommy! Things are happening, can't you see it?"

     "How could I be happy with so much death and destruction, I can't believe you're still teaming up with Techno!"

     "Since when have you shied away from a plan to cause trouble, Tommy?" Wilbur scoffed. "Techno and Dream are going to help me take down Schlatt, and once I find that button, we can blow it all up! Aren't you excited, Tommy?"

     Tommy shook his head quickly and pushed his way past Wilbur. As he left the room, Wilbur tried to grab Tommy's arm. He turned away and began speedily making his way up the stairs of Pogtopia. Tommy could hear Wilbur yelling after him, but as his eyes began burning, he stumbled through the disguised entrance of Pogtopia. 

     He knew this was it. He couldn't come back. Tubbo was gone, and he wouldn't respawn for an entire month. 

     Tommy was on his own.

Hello there!!!

I'm sorry for Wilbur, but right now it's super important that I establish this dynamic! Don't worry though! I've got so much planned, and I'm super excited to share my ideas with you guys!!! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!!

                                                               ~bloojaye