Chapter 1: Bullying.

Noya's POV

"Asahi!" I yelled. I ran into the gym. "Train with me!" I slung my duffle bag onto the floor.

Asahi looked up at me with a small smile. " Think you can beat me today little guy?" He asked innocently. As always this fuelled my confidence even more.

I was not losing to him. I paid no mind to the previous day's events , that was pretty natural. Strange for others but normal for us.

"Suga , set me up a few?" Asahi asked politely. He walked over to the court were using , all of the equipment were already set up.

Sugawara tossed the ball to Asahi, he jumped. His shirt raised a little revealing a small part of his torso. He spiked it down forcefully and powerfully.

I regained my sense of self and focused. Only in the nick of time too. I kept my eye on the ball, calculating exactly were it was going.

There.

My body moved almost on instinct. I recieved the ball sending it flying towards the net. Asahi expectantly recieved it sending it flying back to Sugawara who tossed it back to Asahi.

He spiked it down straight towards me. Before I recieved it we made brief eye contact.

I didn't know what it was. I felt warm inside. I liked this. I couldn't place the feeling. It was something that only happened around Asahi though.

The ball connected with my arms and was sent flying over the net yet again.

That feeling. I liked it so much.

It was gone in an instant. Replaced with an overwhelming desire to beat the revived ace.

Asahi was about to receive the ball again but the gym doors flew open.

The ball bounced to the ground. It rolled to the side. "And I beat you again!" I yelled earning a glare from Suga.

Hinata was sliding into the gym laying on his back. He quickly recovered sprinting towards the door revealing a beet red Kageyama. Much to his dismay the gym door slammed shut right in his face.

I laughed at his face when he eventually opened the door. This time keeping it open.

"Ah! Finally you nail your dramatic entrance , your highness." Tsukishima scoffed.

I realised that for once Sugawara , Daichi , Asahi and I were at the gym before the crazy duo , that was strange.

Kageyama who stood waiting for Hinata's next move in the door frame. Hinata threw himself onto Kageyama. His head hitting the steps.

I swallowed.

Mei...

Before I could even wallow in on my thoughts I lost my footing but Asahi steadied me. It fascinated me , how much he could care. He lacked in confidence but he made up for that in the amount of time he spent to make me better in every way possible.

It's been this way ever since I met him. It took a few weeks for him to get used to my way of life , confident and strong, but he didn't waste a second to become my friend.