Chapter 5

She groaned loudly, resting her forehead on the table. The client of hers was 'extraordinary', to say the least, and made her head want to blow up. As much as she loves her job, it's the people in it that made her second-guessing her love for it. She badly needed a distraction right now or she would go crazy.

She sent a message asking if her friends were free and waited. Minji and Bora replied first, followed by Yoohyeon who said they're free for the night while the others said that they were busy. They agreed to go clubbing for tonight. It had been too long since the last time they went there. Now that it's all decided, she should focus on her job at the moment. It made her groan for the second time. But it's alright, she would get her well-deserved break later tonight. And with that thought, she went back to her works.

*

"Freeedoooomm!!" Bora shouted as soon as they got out of the car. "Come on, Singnie. We're going to go wild tonight," Bora exclaimed happily and dragged her to the entrance.

"By we, you mean yourself, right?" Minji snickered from behind them.

"Don't act like you won't do it, Minji. You love it too," Bora winked at her.

When they got in, the loud music and sea of people dancing greeted them. She needed a moment to adjust to the noise and the dim lighting. They went straight to the bar, feeling the need of having a booster before they hit the dance floor. She bobbed her head to the beat of the music while sipping on her poison. The club was packed. She saw people making out everywhere she looks. Some of the men even groped their women while grinding their hips. She quickly looked away and focused on her friends instead.

Bora and Minji already disappeared into the dance floor and she could only make out Minji's bright hair with Bora nowhere in sight. She sighed, those two were always like that. She shouldn't be surprised at this point. On her right, it seemed like Yoohyeon was doing the same and when they looked at each other, they chuckled. Nothing new. She got back to her drinks, savouring the bitter, sweet, and sour taste combining into one. The taste sent her senses on alert. Her head started to feel lighter and she could feel the buzz of the alcohol in her bloodstream.

She downed her drink in one go and asked the bartender to give her another. She didn't plan to go drunk tonight but a glass was not enough. While she waited for her drinks, she decided to make a conversation with Yoohyeon. With a swift motion, she turned to Yoohyeon's direction. She opened her mouth to talk but no words came out of her. In front of her, Yoohyeon was talking to a man, probably around her age. She was watching them, picking up the signs whether Yoohyeon wanted to be saved or not. The man was getting closer with each passing second, and it made her skin crawl when she saw Yoohyeon didn't budge from her seat. The man put his hand on Yoohyeon's hip while whispering something to her that made Yoohyeon smirked. She felt her blood boiling at the sight. Yoohyeon seemed to enjoy his presence and forgot that she's here. Clack on the table made her look away from the infuriating view. She saw the bartender eyeing her and leaned her body closer.

"Here, it's on the house. You look like you need it so bad." She said flirtatiously.

"You're attentive, and I'm not one to turn down a free drink, especially from a pretty lady." She spoke with the same intensity. The smirk on her face grew and she raised her brow. She needed a distraction from Yoohyeon, and the bartender gave it to her for free. Talked about perfect timing.

"Say, my break is in five minutes. If, you know," she shrugged, "You want me to help you release the tension in your body. I'm proud to say that it's my other speciality, other than making the best drink of course." She said suggestively while running her fingers on Siyeon's arm on the counter.