where are you?

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

    It's 4:51 AM. Jin was still yet to find the brink of slumber.

His ground shook everytime his mind stirred another thought, feeding the insomnia of the singer.

Jin's body screamed with the highest decibels for just a fucking hour of rest, yet his brain couldn't stop working and the male huffed as he felt the tear stains on his cheeks.

He turned around, closing his eyes for the millionth time, trying to imagine the sheeps and counting the animals until he finally falls asleep. His mother taught his older brother that when he was 9 years old.

What do you think happened to your mother?

Jin clenched his comforter, the herds fading away from the vast space of his mind. His chest constricted in rage and panic.

The familiar black coffin placed in front of the marbled room, a wooden picture frame in his arms. Grief filled his empty heart as the people sent their condolences. His grandmother was in tears for her amazing act, deceiving everyone.

Everyone but Seokjin.

He could feel the newly-forming bruise under the velvet long sleeved suit, adding to the cut on his arm by a sign pen when he talked back upon hearing his mother's name from his grandfather's lips.

That day, that day, that day, he realized that no one was there to gently sing him to sleep as his body slowly calms down, and all that's left was a pitiful smile when their helpers aid his wounds.

“Stop crying like a baby. Dad will get mad,” whispered his brother, the deep monotone voice making his nails dig into his palms while he breathed deeply. Seokjin lowered his head in response.

“I hate you.”

Seokjin's suppressed a yelp, shin throbbing from a subtle kick of his father's pointed shoe. His eyes watered with fear and he looked straight ahead.

He whispered a soft plea, wishing for it to drift into the coffin as it slowly lowered down.

“Come back, Eomma. P-please come back, mommy. Eomma, come b-back now, it's too scary here. Appa will hurt me, they will hurt me, I have no one here. Eomma, it's not f-funny, come back, I need you p-please, eomma—!”

“Eomma!” Jin jolted awake as he panted, sweat dripping off his forehead. His heartbeat were like drums in his ears, and it's ringing, ringing, ringing...