26

The first thing I remember is my awkwardness as I muffle the remnants of my feelings against his warm lips

The first thing I remember is my awkwardness as I muffle the remnants of my feelings against his warm lips. If this is a moment to be remembered, I would definitely relate back to how Taehyung has his mouth on my own for what feels me like several seasons fluttering past in a glimpse, lips so soft that I almost don't feel it.

I remember his fingertips caressing down my waist, moving down my back, holding onto my jaw, his warm, pouty lips and his nose touching mine as he bows my head to kiss me more. I don't know how long it has been since his thumbs brushed the remnants of moisture from underneath my eyes, holding my cheek as if I was something that needed to be taken care of. 

But mine just lay over his chest - frozen and numb because I never sketched myself kissing a man I barely knew, hidden in the darkness with our shadows dancing against the cold cement, worlds morphing together in a memory standing still. To be the only thing that mattered the most in his hold.

My surroundings are a massive blur and I am starting to think so much that I am starting to get dizzy from the sensations rising in my stomach. And when I remember the time, it is nearly twilight with merely a crescent of the sun awaiting to engulf us outside of this moment.

And yet, my stomach is bursting with a million different emotions of both comfort and terror; of moonbeams and storms. I start to worry that if we pull away, this moment that has been so long overdue would prove to be another one of my whimsical fantasies and I would wake up to know that it has never happened. That he would forget. Everything around me is bursting and I am downing the taste of his lips melding into my memory.

I can almost feel my soul detaching from my body as I pull back to fill my lungs with air and I am the first to peel my eyes open - both relieved and utterly terrified, and I swallow the metallic taste of alcohol in my mouth as Taehyung leans closer to place our foreheads together. I feel so lost and lonely and my insides turn when his fingertips trail down the sides of my ribs and onto my waist whilst I awkwardly hold onto the neckline of his shirt to relieve my nervousness. 

Suddenly, there is a door slamming in the distance and I jolt away from Taehyung in shock. 

And it doesn't take me long to realise just what I've done to validate my feelings for him. Everything that's happened in the past two hours clouds me as I stumble away from Taehyung and I am sick from the incessant throbbing in my brain.

I avoid the darkness in his brown eyes, "T-Taehyung, I'm -"

"Come here." Taehyung breathes.

I start to fiddle with the hem of my shirt, "I don't -"

"Come here."

"D-Did you just ... kiss me?" I brave.

From what's left of my sober self, I can still recognise the heavy combination of cologne and a manly scent on his skin, and it makes everything about him seem so senselessly ... hot.