Wa!!

It was a new day, a fresh start, a new page in the life of one particular female making her way through the crowded of the train station. As she climbed onto the escalator leading out of the west gate exit she checked her mobile phone reading previous text messages on where her ride was going to pick her up. Her brown eyes scanned the crowds of people from behind her straight brown hair that only just reached past her shoulders. Brushing it out of her face as she stepped out into the light breeze that blew across the street. Walking along the street she made her way to the place she had agreed to meet her lift.

As the female walked the passed a large appliance store with the local news playing on the televisions displayed in the front of the door, pausing only for a moment to listen to what the report was about. “A student of the name; Rio Kamichika was murdered by the gang ‘Wonderland’ last night. This group has recently become more active over the last couple of months and police have started to get employ new agents to investigate this newly formed –“ Her brown eyes only shifting from the screen when familiar green van pulled up on the sidewalk behind her. When her eyes connected with that of the car she was taken aback by the black haired Lolita girl that was staring right back at her.

“Hey Saiko, get in the van.” A small voice called from a tiny gap where the door had opened. Saiko stood on the side walk for a moment confused until the door was pulled all the way open, realising who it was that had called to her.

 “It’s been awhile Erika, 5 years right?” Erika smiled widely at her old friend. Saiko took a seat beside Erica in the back of the van, passing her bag over to walker who placed it on top of a pile of manga in the back of the car. Saiko’s eyes wondering around to the familiar faces of her old friends. “Hey, I see you’re driving now Saburo... I like your door too by the way.” Saburo sighed unhappily causing Saiko to laugh; clearly he wasn’t a fan of his door.

“I’m going to get it painted soon! I’m sick of looking at it!” he said in an irritated tone Erika and Walker instantly jumping to the doors defence. Saiko let them argue turning to the seat in front of her wrapping her arms over the shoulders and around the neck of the person who was rather comfortable there. The male in his trade mark beanie looked away bashfully from the other who had learned her head past the shoulder of the seat.

“Kyohei, you’re still as phlegmatic as ever, did you miss me?” Saiko cooed into the others ear only causing his face to darken even further in colour. Chuckling a little to herself, satisfied with the reaction she had gotten out of him.

“Wow Saiko what did you do while you were away? Swallow a dictionary?” Walker joked to the other, turning her head to smile widely.

“What about you Walker? Still absolutely infatuated with Yuno Gasai?” She chuckled back causing yet another bunch of arguments between the Otaku’s riding in the van. Things continued on like this for most of the car trip before Erika took the conversation to a more factual level.

“So Saiko, where have you been?”  She asked, Saiko releasing her hold on Kyohei to sit properly. She put on a thinking face before speaking.

“Everywhere, though for the last two years I was in Osaka studying. You’re looking at a fresh out of the academy inspector.” She gave the two a peace sign.

“Wow, so cool! Are you here for the ‘Wonderland’ case? They’ve been mentioning on the news that they’re getting new people to help the investigation.”

“It’s a secret. I am not a loud to say anything about work to anyone… but off topic, how has everything been in Ikebukuro? I only recently got in contact with an old friend, which reminds me – Saburo would you be able to drop me of at this address?” Saiko handed a folded piece of paper to Kyohei who that he could share the information with the car’s driver.