[ ♣ ] - Tokoyami Fumikage

"Apple Pie"
Word Count: 1853
Warnings: Slight mentions of NSFW

+++

It was his birthday tomorrow. It was my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow.

And yet, I don't know what to fucking do

I was sprawled over the couch in the living room with pretty much nothing but panic running inside my brain. Litters of crumpled paper were scattered everywhere. All of them containing failed plans I've been trying to come up with for the crow-headed male's birthday tomorrow.

His agency was giving him a week off of work starting tomorrow so that he could enjoy his birthday. Although they previously told Tokoyami to take two weeks off, his persuasiveness was able to subtract the extra week given to him, making it only one week left.

And here I was, not having a single thing planned.

It was so much easier to work with friends before we all moved out of the dorms. We came up with ways on how to celebrate each other's birthdays. We even threw a party for Bakugo's birthday!

He was still mad at us, however.

But now that everyone else either migrated or went off to live on the other side of the country, they didn't have the ability to help me prepare for my boyfriend's birthday.

"M/N, for fuck's sake. He's your fucking boyfriend and you have nothing for him?!" I yelled at myself, slapping a hand to my face for my stupidity. I've thought about what to do on this specific occasion a month ago, and I still have nothing planned after all those days.

I'm a terrible boyfriend.

I sighed and sat up from my position, rubbing my temples harshly before groaning in despair. Can I even call myself his boyfriend? The boyfriend of THE Tokoyami? The literal king of coolness?!

I felt ashamed.

I stood up from my spot and went over to the kitchen. If I can't think of anything extravagant to do for him tomorrow, I might as well just do small simple things to make up for it.

-~-~-

A knock on the front door made me jump and drop the utensils I was preparing on the table. I mentally screamed and panicked.

He came home too early!

I dashed towards the kitchen and immediately brought out everything that I've prepared for lunch. I carefully placed the food on the table along with its desired utensil, trying to make the plating look good by adding small features into it.

"M/N? Are you there?" Tokoyami yelled from outside, wondering if I was truly present. I finished up preparing and went to wash my hands hastily, "Coming!" I yelled

After I dried my hands, I ran up towards the front door and opened it. I was greeted with Tokoyami, looking as cool as ever, wearing a black coat and jeans with his signature choker. His face formed a small smile and his eyes down turned a bit. I smiled at him, fists forming behind my back to supress the urge to waver under his gaze.

"Greetings, my lovely angel," he said as heat rised up into my cheeks. My heart was pounding and my stomach was turning, both in a good and bad way from the love I felt and from the nervousness I hold.

"Welcome home, Fumi! H-Happy birthday!" I exclaimed and went to hug him tightly. He returned my embrace, not noticing my stutter. "Okaerinasai," he whispered into my ear.