001

|CHAPTER ONE|

"there is a green oasis in the desert."

-euphoria

---

"you've got to be kidding me," the raven-haired boy whined. extremely annoyed that his own brother tricked him to come at his friend's party.

he didn't like his hyung's friend at all. that guy is nothing but a waste of space, he always annoy the hell out of the ravenette by his constant arrogant remarks.

"jeonggukie, listen. you are not leaving, okay? what's wrong with coming here? there's free food! food is harmless, don't let jaebum's presence restrain you from eating these delicacies!" seokjin said while patting his little brother's back, trying to sweet-talked him.

"do we look like we lacked food? there's a lot of food in our home, hyung." he muttered, frowning.

his older brother loved eating. so much that his love for food outgrown his love for his younger brother, or that's what jeongguk thought.

"i just don't want you to be alone. mom and dad won't be coming home until weekend, i don't want to enjoy this party while my little brother's alone in the house," seokjin always makes sure to take good care of jeongguk's wellbeing in the absence of their parents. he knows jeongguk doesn't like his friend, but what can he do? jaebum has been his friend since childhood, but he and jeongguk are always on each other's throats whenever they see each other.

today is jaebum's 22nd birthday. he already missed his birthday last year, he have no choice but to attend this year.

"but-"

"stop complaining, jeongguk. i'm still your hyung," that made jeongguk shut up. his brother pulled the hyung card. he sighed, giving up on leaving.

"go eat something, i'll just greet my friends. you can call me if you need me," seokjin's friend approached him. with that, a hesitant seokjin walked away, leaving a frustrated jeongguk behind.

"how dare he abandon me like this.." he dramatically glared at his hyung's retreating back.

jeongguk has been friendly to everyone except jaebum. he hates him and he's sure the feeling is mutual.

the food on the table caught his attention, maybe food can make him feel better. well, it never failed him.

the party ended at twelve in the midnight. seokjin smiled widely as he bid his goodbye to his friend. "thank you for having us, jaebummie! happy birthday again."

jaebum smiled but not after showing his middle finger at jeongguk. "sure, hyung! visit us again next time without a muscle pig with you."

"sure hyung, visit us again next time without a muscle pig with you~" jeongguk pettily made faces, mocking jaebum.

"alright, alright. we're leaving now," seokjin pulled the ravenette with him. those two never get tired with their silly banters.

the older hopped in their car to roar the engine to life. he received a message from their mom earlier that they postphoned their flight due to the upcoming storm in hawaii.