Chapter 7: "E" is for Effort

I was reading an article on the website "The Beatle Circle" and there was a part that really upset me

I was reading an article on the website "The Beatle Circle" and there was a part that really upset me. Since I don't want to give free publicity, I'll only share a little fragment of what I read:

"You will always be tense thinking that any slip of yours is going to be magnified in the press, that someone is going to kidnap your children or that an ex-lover, ex-boyfriend or ex-spouse is surely already writing a book to earn money at the cost of your effort."

I find this to be terribly disrespectful.  I'm certain they were referring to Cynthia and her books. But I just want to say that this: Cynthia wrote the book to highlight the EFFORT that SHE and John put forwarded, because SHE was also there. It wasn't something John did alone. She didn't go unpunished from Beatlemania. She stressed in her books what they had to go through TOGETHER.

As I stated at the beginning, and as EVERYONE KNOWS, Cyn's books are not to defame John. It's to tell a version of the story that no one had known. I don't believe that John could've achieved everything through his own struggles, because...who was the person that stood by his side during those eternal nights in Hamburg? Who helped him in his classes? Who provided food and drink, and nurtured his dreams? It wasn't Yoko. IT WAS CYNTHIA. And that is what stands out in her books.

It's one thing to criticize a person who decides to writes about a Beatle, and that had nothing to do with them. It's another thing entirely when it's their ex-spouse who is retelling their story, and explaining how it all happened. How they achieved THEIR dreams, and all they went through. It wasn't just John's effort! Was he alone in his classes at Liverpool Art College? Or was he alone at the gigs and rehearsals? Was he alone on the US tour? No, dear writer of this article, it wasn't just John's effort. IT WAS BOTH THEIR EFFORT!!!

 IT WAS BOTH THEIR EFFORT!!!