1.

Surprise.

It's been two years since graduating high school and Normani is entering her third year at UT at Dallas

It's been two years since graduating high school and Normani is entering her third year at UT at Dallas. Her first year was filled with nothing but joy and good grades. Compared to high school, Normani was becoming a blooming socialite after having joined the university's dance team. She figured it was the easiest way to meet people and who better than people with similar interests. But with her double major status, classes are piling up and there's no space for dance this year.

After going through the horror of living on campus in a dorm and having to go to the library to get some quiet study time in, Normani decided to get an off-campus apartment with her roommate. Normani and Justine briefly met during orientation during the lunching hour. It was a short exchange and neither girl knew they'd soon become roommates. They quickly became acquainted with one another and have been the best of friends since.

 They quickly became acquainted with one another and have been the best of friends since

[Photo credit to @justineskye on Instagram]

As for Normani's relationship with her girlfriend, Tajiah, their relationship has flourished more than ever. Despite the distance between the two, they've become inseparable. With Tajiah completing her degree of business online, she faithfully drives down to Dallas to be with her beloved Normani every month. Normani equally plays her role in that department. Even if it's only for a day or two. And each time, both girls act as if it's been months since they last saw each other.

Unfortunately, that is the case this time. For the past two months, nearly the entire summer, Tajiah has been traveling back and forth between Texas and Georgia. As well as taking multiple summer classes, she's been going to business seminars in preparation for her business she's been working on. Between traveling and schoolwork, she couldn't come to visit Normani all summer long.

But that's all about to change.

--------------------

Normani and Justine's apartment – 6:43 pm

Normani.

Justine and I had just barely got done putting up decorations in our new living room. We would've been done an hour ago had Justine not smoked before we started decorating. She spent half the time taking "breaks" and singing whatever song came on the speaker at the top of her lungs. Had it not been as entertaining as it was, I would've waited to continue until she sobered up.