Part 3

Part 3: December 23, 2012

I paced around, thinking, 3 more days until Christmas. I got out all the wrapping paper and ribbons, scissors, and tape, beginnin to wrap everyone's gift, except yours.

I barely had much to do, so I just started with the huge presents, isolating down to the smaller gifts. It then came to your gift.

I took out everything and started with my own pen and ink. all these words that come from me, are actually permanent. You know how much I've always wanted to be a writer, ever since 7th grade when we had to read several books to "enhance our reading levels."

Now, I get to put out all of my hard work into this.

Getting back to reality, I kept writing. My phone began to ring and I found out that it was a call from you. I decided to ignore it. I needed to concentrate because I really had two days left, counting this day.

You called again but all I can do is once again, press the "ignore" button.

I sighed, knowing that when you finally figure this out, you're going to probably cry. But if you really don't love me, you would just leave me to it.

I groaned once more when you called for the third time. This time, I answered it, "Hello?"

"Nikole," Your husky voice answered, "Are you okay? I've called you like three times."

"Yes," I lie, "I'm fine. You don't really need to call me 24/7 though. I'm seriously kind of busy. Besides, it's almost Christmas!"

"I'm doing this because I love you, "You said, "And I care for you very much. I'm just trying to protect you, because you seem... unusual."

I sighed. I really felt like this can't go for any longer. You just worrying about me every minute of your life is just... too much! It blocks you from your other life, where you have your family and friends.

I'm flattered that you cared for me, but you just had to trust your own instincts and think, Things act for their own reasons. Well, I have mine.

"Darren," I said. I didn't really want to do this but I said it anyway, "I don't think this is ever going to work out. I'm sorry."

A pause came through the phone. I wondered what happened to you at the moment. Were you that shocked?

"Wh-What?" You finally said, "Why are you breaking up with me? You don't want our relationship to last?"

Tears started to spill, "It's not you, it's me!" I said.

I heard your breath huff through the phone, "No, it's obviously my fault!" You could've said more but something had hit me.

I suddenly couldn't breathe and my head began pounding even more. I tried to breathe but nothing really came out.

Mom came beside me and started yelling my name. I couldn't talk; everything was just so numb.

She took out her phone and started dialing a number, which I probably think was the ambulance. I started coughing and fell to my knees. It was like I was having an actual spasm attack. My leg just couldn't stop twitching.

Hearing then became inaudible. I couldn't hear anything but a loud buzzing sound. I heard my phone just slightly. I think you were yelling, "Nikole! Is everything alright? What's going on!"

Well, guess what, I wasn't.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

A/N: okay, maybe this story might end by tomorrow or something. ahaha.