Chapter One: Of Love and Memories.

When (Y/n) found herself staring down at the valley of Camp Half-Blood a rare smile graced her lips. Artemis was riding her chariot high in the sky, or perhaps it was on autopilot, one could not tell especially if the Olympian party was still happening. Yet (Y/n) found she could not argue with Artemis' decision if she was in fact not attending her duties personally. It was not every day that a rag tag bunch of demigods defeated the armies of the Titan King, Kronos. So many had sacrificed themselves for this achievement, and in her own way (Y/n) had detached herself from all the festivities to honour them this way.

Licking her lips as the daughter of war lifted a goblet to her lips, the slight burning taste of liquor a welcome sensation as it doused her tongue. With a sigh (Y/n) relaxed on her picnic blanket, watching with contempt as the shadows of the survivors danced between bonfires. Even from Thalia's tree, (Y/n) could hear the music of the Apollo cabin accompanied by the Satyrs and Dryads. Looking to the stars, (Y/n) found herself staring at the constellation of the Huntress, who was actually her great friend Zoë Nightshade. The Russian demigod's smile turned sombre in remembrance of the loss of her friend. Nibbling the inside of her cheek, (Y/n) brushed strands of her long hair around her ear. A cool breeze drifted through the shaved portion on the other side of (Y/N)'s head. The braids that ran down the middle of her head past her shoulders, over a layer of hair drifted slightly in the breeze.

Once more raising the goblet to her lips, (Y/n)'s blazingly intimidating eyes that resembled heated bronze, focused on the power couple of the century that had finally gotten together. Who knew a son of Poseidon and daughter of Zeus could work so well together. Thalia was laughing with Percy in her arms as the son of the sea god told what was probably some terribly cheesy joke. Smiling for her friends, that had become so close that (Y/n) would call them both her sister and brother, respectively, however there was a pang in (Y/n)'s heart. Remembering the kiss, she had shared with Thalia the year previous, but she pushed it away. She was happy that Thalia was with who she wanted to be with. Her mind began drifting, as (Y/n) set her goblet to the side. Leaning back and resting her hands underneath her head, (Y/n) found herself succumbing to the sensation that was a trip down memory lane.

A seventeen-year-old woman, wielding a dangerously savage looking bronze axe was always going to be at least somewhat intimidating. And most of the time, (Y/n) forgot this simple fact. So honestly it surprised her that all the children of Deimos even the frightening daughter of the terror god, Clarisse La-Rue, stopped punishing the new camper with a one-way ticket to swirly town when she came bellowing. "What is coming on!" her thick, Russian accent seemed to deter many campers, even when the obviously well-muscled woman was not shouting.

The daughter of Deimos relented in her torment of the newbie, releasing his head from the toilet with a scoff and the excuse of 'just playing around'. A scowl from the daughter of an Olympian sent them scurrying away. The boy, now a coughing fit on the toilet block floor, spluttered out his thanks. Looking over the kid who could not be older than twelve, (Y/n) found she was not impressed. No evidence of muscle on the lean body, shaggy and unruly hair represented a certain lack of hygiene and newbies were hardly ever taught of their heritage. "What's your name kid?" (Y/n) asked, her voice even and she tried hard to display an American accent that Chiron was helping her learn. She reached a hand down to help the kid up, who eyed it suspiciously before accepting and standing to his feet.

"Perseus... Jackson... Percy Jackson... Well my real name is Perseus but that sounds stupid so I go by Percy." He spoke curiously, looking up at the older woman whose scowl turned into a small semblance of a smile.

"Nice to meet you Perseus, my name is (Y/n)... I'll be your sword training instructor, I'll make sure you don't stab yourself."

Seven days passed since Perseus was claimed as Poseidon's newest child. And it seemed, that despite the fact he was the son of a sea god, the raven-haired male was still strung up on something else. Even the conversation he was having with (Y/n) was on the subject. "So you're telling me. Kratos is an actual factual mythological person and not just some video game character?" Percy asked as he tried the feinting motions Luke had taught him. (Y/n) of coursed scoffed, having taught the same moves to Hermes' son some time ago.