halloween part two

part two of my halloween oneshots.hopefully the timeline is starting to make more sense,and i hope you enjoy the oneshots in this chapter.i don't think ive forgotten to mention anything,except the fact that on one of these oneshots there will be a footnote in the comments explaining a character.i believe that's all so i hope you enjoy
tw// same as last time,but i'll write them out again-very mild language and partying/getting drunk (given as the legal drinking age in canada is nineteen,all characters who are in oneshots where they party are of that age or over it)

"oh! woe is me! my life is a misery
oh! and can't you see
that i'm at the start of a pretty big downer."

Stephanie sighed as she pulled out of the parking spot and drove out of the studios.She'd expected Hollywood to be fun,an exciting new experience,but currently,it was the complete opposite.
The cast members were rude and abrupt,the director kept giving her these odd looks that she couldn't decipher,and everything was falling apart.She sorely missed her friends back in Canada,who were no doubt having the time of their life at their yearly Halloween shindig.
She focused her attention on the road ahead,but still felt too tired and disorientated to drive.She pulled into the nearest car park,driving under the golden arches and glowing red light.

Maybe some food could make her feel better.

She sat silently in her car,but didn't feel the urge to enter the establishment and splurge on chips.She reached into the cup holder and pulled out her phone,unlocking it and pressing the number one.
It rang,before a voice at the other end picked up,
"Steph?"
"Hey Em."
"What are you doing calling? I thought you were filming today."
"We finished early."
"Ah makes sense,how's it going?"
"Fine."

Lies.

The sound of disco tech thumped in the background,and Stephanie heard a host of familiar voices.
"Oh,one sec Steph."
Stephanie listened as,presumably, Emily took the phone away from her ear,and spoke.

"No James,I will not sing Taylor Swift karaoke with you,go make your own friends."

Muffled noises.

"Don't be so stubborn!"

A pause.

"Yes I'll tell her you said 'Hi'.Ok.Bye."
Stephanie waited,before the sound became clearer,
"I'm back,sorry about that."
"It's fine."
"James says hi."
"So really no Taylor Swift karaoke?"
"You heard that.."
"Yup.I just think it's funny,because,you know when we went out,you sang 'I knew you were trouble'. Three times. They literally threatened to kick us out!"
"Steph! You swore you wouldn't mention that!"
"And I haven't."
"So why'd you call?"

Stephanie sighed.

"Well I just wanted to see how Halloween was," she paused,trying to add some humour to lighten the mood,
"Without me!"

Emily chuckled down the line.

"I love you sometimes.And it kinda sucks,but everyone's gone kinda mad and I don't know what to do."
"Throw water at them."
"Good idea!"

Stephanie laughed,and felt a weight lift off of her shoulders.

"Oh God."
"What?"
"I have to go,I'm pretty sure Hunter and Eldon started a dance battle."
"Not again!"

Emily sighed

"Every time."
"Have fun."
"I'll call you back,ok."
"Ok."
"I love you and I miss you."
"Miss you too."

She put down the phone with a smile.

The hole in her heart had definitely been filled.