⁰¹ ➣ cup of coffee

chapter ⁰¹ kill my time

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫."

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞 '𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐚' (𝟏𝟔𝟎𝟔-𝟕) 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝟏, 𝐬𝐜. 𝟑, 𝐥. 𝟏𝟐

 𝟏𝟐

katherine was in a bad mood.  maybe it was the fact that she didn't get any sleep last night or that luke appeared with that god damn awful smirk of his.  she just simply rolled her eyes and ignored him, sitting at her desk to log into her computer. 

you see, katherine and luke were the best detectives on the force.  they could easily solve a case to say the least, but the one thing they couldn't do was stand each other.  they were always at one another's throats, luke knew exactly how to press katherine's buttons and she fell every time into his little antics. 

truth be told it became a part of their daily routine.  everyone had gotten used to it by now, there was always little remarks from everyone saying that they were the most likely to end up together.  katherine always denied it saying "in his dreams." always earning a sly comment from luke along the lines of "you always are."

"ganes." her colleague hood greeted leaning against her desk.

"hood." she responded, a small smile forming on her lips. "to what do i owe the pleasure of your wonderful presence." she added in her most posh voice, similar to one she used speaking to the captain.

the man laughed at her shaking his head. "you really do know how to make someone's day you know?" katherine smiled in response, calum always knew how to make her mornings.

"i do my best calum." quicky adding "only for you." calum this time rolled his eyes, there was always playful flirting between the two and this time she was beating him at it.

the clearing of someone throat interrupted the two making their heads snap in the direction of none other than hemmings. luke hemmings, katherine's least favorite colleague. "yes hemmo?" katherine responded. this time it was luke's turn to get worked up over the little nickname she had given him.

for the years they've been working together, there wasn't always a feud going on between the two.  dare luke say that he always had a soft spot for the girl.  a few years back luke and katherine got along quite well, they were both new on the force and were each other's support system, that was until one incident.  luke never intended for things to turn out the way they did, but it happened and there was nothing he could do about it, or so he thought.