The Breakfast Club and Sandwiches

It was like 8 o'clock by the time I worked up the nerve to text Lanii.

Hey Lanii, it's sean, we have english tomorrow last two periods, wanna go to alfreds?

I hit send and waited for a reply. About an hour later she texted me back.

Hey Sean, it's lanii, id love to go to alfreds again, but how about I take you to my favorite spot?

She wants to share her spot wuth me! Wow, now I sound like Penny about Sheldon's spot on Big Bang Theory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I was so excited. I didn't pay attention to anything at all, until the last two periods, when I met up with Lanii at the bus stop.

She looked even more beautiful than the day before -if that was possible.

"Alright, lets go for a walk." She smiled, grabbing my arm and dragging me along.

We walked down the road and across a few paddocks until we found it. Her spot. It was a great big, willowy tree, next to a creek.

"I packed a picnic," she said, pulling a checkered blanket out of her bag. "I made sandwiches, and bought juice pouches."

"Has anyone ever told you how great you are?" I asked her. I mean, she made sandwiches. And she had juice pouches.

"I tell myself that every day!" She said, before giggling hysterically.

"That's cute," I chuckled to myself.

"So I thought we could watch a movie on my tablet?" She said, pulling out her tablet.

"Sure, what have you got?" I was really keen to see what movies she liked.

"I have The Breakfast Club, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Fault in Our Stars, Harry Potter 1-8, The Doctor Who Movie,The Lion King and The Rocky Horror Picture Show." She read off her screen.

"We need a movie marathon. Starting right now."

We sat under the shade of the tree, watching The Breakfast Club, then we decided to go to my place and watch another movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we watched another movie in my living room, my mom came in and asked if Lanii wanted to stay for dinner.

"We're having lasagna tonight,"

"I'd love to stay for dinner!"

After awkward dinner conversation with my family - think bad dad jokes and younger siblings asking the "Are you Sean's girlfriend?" question, I ended up with an unofficial girlfriend.

Well, I guess we had been on two dates...

I went up to my bedroom too nervous to text her.

Holy crap. I sorta have a non official girlfriend.