Chapter Seven: Proverbs

WARNING: SLAVERY. MENTIONS OF BUYING AND SELLING PEOPLE. EXORCISMS.

"Your Highness, this sums up to ten thousand gold coins only," the jeweller educated him.

"And you need at least a hundred thousand," Harvey gruntled with the least amount of enthusiasm.

His crusaders of morals and knights of righteousness had almost made it impossible for him to draw any money from the royal treasury. And Harvey had the eyes of a hawk, the main reason he was made the head of the treasury but this reason was making him a pain in the arse. They had clearly veiled the jewellery which truly belonged to him because he was sure he owned more than the scraps they were showing he maintained.

"Maybe this is a sign from God," Mike suggested, dramatically, "you shouldn't go ahead with this venture of yours."

Louis stunned for a moment as he stared off into the blue, "Wait a moment, I am having a vision," he said holding his hands up and then looked at Mike, "I can see your head on a pike for running your mouth."

Michael, Harvey and Liam glared at him but the difference was Liam saw the humour in it and let a very faint smile pull upon his lips whereas the Liam was amused. Turning to the jeweller's direction, he asked her to stay put and rose from his seat to advance into his private quarters.

When he returned, he came along with a wooden box and then handed it to the jeweller. The crest of the royal family engraved onto the top which rose a few eyebrows.

"How much would the contents be?" Louis questioned.

She carefully unlocked the box to reveal an array of crowns and tiaras and diadems. All of them were made of pure silver and gold embedded with diamonds and rubies and emeralds. Every piece differed from the other, every piece held a different story.

"Your Majesty, this is treason," Harvey told him, seriously.

"Against what? I am assured that these belong to me at this moment in time so I will do what I deem fit," Louis scowled at him. "If you want to preach as well, go join Zayn."

Zayn was not pleased with using him as a reference and let out a hmph.

"Mercia, how much is it worth?" Louis questioned ignoring them.

"Over a hundred thousand."

"How much ever sum up to a hundred thousand keep them and return the rest to me." He ordered to which jeweller bowed and left.

Harvey stormed out with Michael in tow leaving him in Liam's company once again. The Alpha seemed petrified by what Louis had just done and he did not need to verbally convey that. His eyes wear narrowed in worry and his lips pursed.

"Still have faith in me?"

"If you are selling your lineage, I am sure the cause is worth it."

"Really?" Zayn's voice came from the doorway, his gaze frowning in Liam's direction. "What are you without a crown Louis?"

"Still your queen."

* * *

Sunlight peered through the slit while the curtains waved with the breeze. The warmth was permeating in the atmosphere, as the smell of warm toast and tea drifted through the air. The sheets rustled against his skin, and the quiet was being broken by the mewing of a cat.

With consciousness returning to him, Harry felt his eyelashes rub against one another. As he slowly opened in his eyes, he saw the chandelier hooked onto the ceiling. Glass clinked against one another and he attempted to take in what was going on. Turning to his side, he saw Louis stirring in his sleep, he was wearing a white shirt which was probably too big to fit him.