Prologue

The sheets were made of silk. The smooth and gentle fabric washed upon his skin like waves on a shore. His naked flesh exposed as the sheets tugged upon his torso. He felt awake even if he was dreaming in reality. His bright green eyes stared through the room and he knew that the place seemed familiar. Made of stones, it had a chilling streak to it. It was either that or winter was arriving quicker than estimated. The fireplace was lit but wasn't being tended to appropriately. Kneeling to the floor, he added a few more logs and pushed it with the rest of the flames.

"That made it considerably warmer," the Omega announced and trudged into the room.

This time, he was in a maroon velvet floor-length gown. Gold threads weaved into embroidery with stoned placed well into the fabric. The polo neck traced in beautiful patterns and whorls and eased up when they reached his chest, it cleared out into plain velvet and fell the same way to drape the rest of him.

"Is this the summer palace?" He inquired, standing up.

The Omega handed him his smile, "You have a good memory."

"Not many people remember their dreams, Harry," he added.

"You know, I do," Harry informed him and looked at him, holding his hand out, "May I please have this dance?"

The Omega's blue eyes flickered onto the edge and nodded, "Of course, love."

It happened erratically, these dreams. They never told him when they would come or even if they would but when he desired his Omega's support or he would feel he needed someone, he would see him. It was very unusual for soulmates to meet in their dreams before confronting one another personally, albeit it happened. And it had been three years since he kept seeing the same Omega repeatedly.

The Omega never revealed his name or designation or anything which enabled identification. He was always waiting for him and they would talk, sometimes about themselves and sometimes about the stars or the skies or faith or anything which seemed relevant. They fit into a catastrophic rhythm where they fell more and more in love but the Omega always refrained from meeting in reality.

"And the music?" The Omega asked, placing his palm onto Harry's own.

"We have our heartbeats."

The Omega looked at him with a raised eyebrow and placed his head on Harry's chest, "I am so in love with you."

Harry hummed with fondness, as they swayed with ease around the room. The fire behind them warming their surroundings while their souls danced with one another.

"How much longer do I wait, it's been three years," he told him, kissing the top of his forehead.

"Very soon, I will be on my way to you."

"And the real you, will he remember?" Harry asked, draping his arm around his shoulders.

"No," the Omega sighed and turned towards him, "I am much more headstrong in the real world and despicable."

"I would never, in my wildest dreams, associate despicable with you."

"There are valid reasons," the Omega educated him, "but I hope you see through all of it."

"May I get your name then?" Harry asked, looking into his eyes.

Harry's eyes were peering into something hesitant, the Omega traced back and then looked at him, "Louis Tomlinson, the first."

Harry let out a sigh and his expression melted into something broken, "The real you will never believe me."

The Omega's eyes were glassy, bordering an amalgamation of both hurt and upset. His worry dripped down like dew on the grass, effortlessly. But the Alpha knew it seemed valid. His worry and Harry's own.

Louis Tomlinson, the first of his name, was the first Omega to ever succeed to the throne in the history of Edellium. There were stories of his wrath, there were stories of his kindness, there were stories of his vengeance and more often than not everything highlighted how different he was from most rulers nevermind Omegas. His entire existence was a sharp contrast against Louis' own.

"But I will recognise you, whatever souls are made of yours and mine are the same."

"Louis, I-"

The Omega quietened him with his thumb and peered gently into his eyes.

"You and I," the Omega began, holding his collar, "are perfect for each other. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Are we?"

"We can burn our flesh down to our bones and even then our ashes will sing ode to one another," Louis told him, his words spreading warmth through his heart.

And Harry knew he would wait. Wait until the skies rain down blood, the earth was crawling with corpses, the warmth of the sun grew cold, he would wait for Louis to accept him again.