The Ceremony

A woman I didn't know was pulling tight on my corset strings. 

The dress was all white and floor length. My makeup was soft and natural. My hair was straightened and fell to my waist. I felt like a Victorian ghost, a shadow from another time.  My mother had been over the moon when I told her how early I was to be confirmed. She had the whole coven coming for the after ceremony. 

The door slammed open and banged against the wall. The woman jumped back and Taehyung ran towards me. I flinched back so hard I fell off the platform I'd been on. Taehyung grabbed my arm and yanked me up.

"You can't get confirmed." He stated in a rough growl. He started dragging me out of the room, but I yanked free. "Please, Raven, I can't explain it now."

"Leave us." I said to the woman who had been helping me.

"I was done anyways." She murmured and scurried out of the room. I turned to Taehyung and slapped him. He held his hand over his face and stared at me with shock.

"I'm done playing your games, Tae!" I shouted and backed away from him. "I know what you and Sanderson have been doing. I know about Daphne. I heard you! I heard you in the classroom last night!"

"Ray! Ray, it's not what you think!" He shouted and moved forward but I backed away.

"No!" I held out my hands. "I trust you, Tae. I loved you even. I would have done anything you asked me, gone anywhere you wanted. I thought you meant what you were saying. I thought you liked me. I thought... but I thought wrong. I was foolish. I'm not going to be the fool anymore, Taehyung. I won't let you ruin this for me."

"But it's Winters-"

"Save it." I shook my head and blinked back tears. "I don't want your lies anymore."

"I wasn't lying!" He protested. I glared up at him and darted forward.

"You weren't lying?" I screamed. "You weren't lying about how the only reason you bother to talk to me, court me, lie to me is because of that stupid prophecy! Taehyung, I'm a person! I have feelings! Feelings that you screwed over! I'm done! I can't be hurt like this anymore! Please, whatever it is you thought you were going to achieve with Sanderson, just stop. No more killings. No more nighttime meeting. Gosh, Taehyung, this is murder we're talking about. People's daughters. People's sisters. People's girlfriends and best friends. You're complicit in their murders!"

"No. Please, just listen. I can explain." He grabbed my arms. "Please, Ray. I love you."

"That is the last thing I would believe from you right now." I shoved him off of me. "Get out."

"Ray-"

"GET OUT!" I screeched as loud as I could. 

"Fine, hate me-"

"I don't hate you!" I screamed and tried to shove him out of the room. It didn't do any good. He was too strong. Instead, I just started to pound my fists against his chest. I was sobbing at this point. Weak. "I love you, Tae! I love you and it kills me! It kills me I could have ever been that stupid. I never want to see you again. Get out! Get out! Get out!"

"Fine!" He shouted and grabbed my arms hard this time so I couldn't escape his grasp. I looked up at him with wide eyes. "Fine! I'll go! You won't ever see me again! If you don't get confirmed."

"Taehyung-"

"It's poisoned." He shook me as he spoke. "Don't drink, it's poisoned. I know I've lied before, but you have to believe me. I'm not lying now."

"I don't believe you." I shook my head. "She doesn't want to hurt me. She's been helping me."

"What?" He croaked. "What do you mean?"