Chapter 17

Back at the campsite, the meat, mushrooms, and vegetables were roasting near the fire that Garp made. Garp and the boys were stuffing themselves with meat while Tsukimi was eating like a normal person, smacking wandering hands. She was taking bites of her mushroom vegetable meat on a stick (the sticks were somehow in her bag) between explaining what happened earlier with the bird.

She noticed that the bird that carried her away was silver like her hair. It could mean that the bird mistook her for her chick. It was confirmed when the bird plopped her in its nest where a silver egg lay, no chicks in sight so she knew she's not food. It could also be because the leaves, dirt, and branches were stuck in her hair and clothes and masked her scent. There was a small dent in the nest, similar in size to the silver egg so Tsukimi thought that there used to be another egg. When the boys rescued her, she noticed a mound of dirt that was recently turned over and glints of silver on the ground. Tsukimi then came to the conclusion that the other egg fell from the nest and cracked. The bird, in its grief, wanted another chick to fill its place and it just so happened that it spotted Tsukimi with silver hair.

The boys were all gaping at the logical conclusion Tsukimi made. They actually did feel there were two dents in the nest but they didn't pay it any attention, feeling that rescuing Tsukimi was more important. Luffy, in particular, had stars in his eyes. "You're so cool!" While Ace and Sabo was a little jealous at the attention Luffy was giving Tsukimi, they do agree (Ace reluctantly) that it was a brilliant deduction.

Garp smiled smugly in the background. "So do you want to be a marine instead of a pirate, Luffy?"

"No!"

There wasn't any hesitation in Luffy's reply. Garp reached over to smack Luffy but got blocked by Tsukimi's empty stick. "Garp-ojiisan, I think it's better to save your fist of love in training rather than during dinnertime."

Garp stared at Tsukimi's hazel orb, the boys looking between the two as they decided whether Garp was going to smack Tsukimi with a fist of love instead. Garp withdrew his fist and grinned. "That's right, I should! Good thinking, Tsukimi-chan! Bwahahaha!" The boys paled at the future fists of love but at least with Tsukimi around, Garp won't smack them during dinner. They're already too exhausted from training to even dodge his fists.

All throughout the week, the boys and Tsukimi had training with Garp. After training was over, Tsukimi would train the three of them in unlocking their haki. Of course, in such a short time, none of them could unlock observation haki. By the time the week ended, all four of them were close friends bonded by training and the variable such as Garp. The boys were all disappointed and upset that Tsukimi had to leave. Luffy especially cried when Tsukimi was walking into the dinghy. Ace and Sabo were too but they would deny it, saying that their eyes were sweating. The two older boys tried to hide it by not letting their tears fall but they couldn't help it after hearing that Tsukimi smiled and waved from the dinghy saying, "Bye, Ace! Bye, Sabo! Bye, Luffy! Make sure you boys eat vegetables and fruits, not just meat! And keep up your training! I want to see you guys improve the next time I see you!"

"Yeah! See you soon!" They blubbered.

********
"Tsukimi! You're back!" Luffy exclaimed as he went and barrelled into Tsukimi at the docks, his rubbery arms wrapped around her waist.

Tsukimi pats Luffy's head. "I'm back."

Ace and Sabo lifted Luffy off of Tsukimi, Tsukimi still wrapped in Luffy's arms. "Luffy! You shouldn't barrell into him like that!" Sabo chided. "You could've knocked him into the sea!"

"Sorry!" Luffy frowned.

"It's fine, Luffy. I wouldn't let you knock me into the sea anyway." Tsukimi assured Luffy.